LegacyGT.com

I have no idea whats happening.. please help.

limbota

i drove to school today with the new rims i put on.. and the TPMS light went on.. no biggie.

after school i was going home and on the way home the TPMS light was still on but then started blinking then went solid again. now im almost home and my cruise control light started blinking, my TCS light came on, and so did the check engine light. i kept going trying to get home. then my fuel gauge went down to below empty and started blinking the orange light. i have a full tank of gas. i dont know whats wrong with my car.. if anyone knows anything about this weird "ritual" please share with me how to fix it.

is this all because i changed my rims?

I Googled TPMS:

"Sensors fitted at the back-end of valve stems and are prone to being damaged during tire mounting and dismounting procedures at the tire fitters. Banded sensors are attached to internal rim dropwell circumferences and are prone to damaging the tire's bead during tire fitting operations."

Google is your friend. But, then again, the forum is your friend also:)

Find someone locally that has a cobb/vag com/tactrix that can pull codes for you. Then when you find out what the code is, someone here can help you fix it hopefully.

When the CEL goes off, it flashes all the lights on your dash. The fuel guage is weird tho, I would stay away from driving until you can check the codes.

I really doubt that it's related to the tpms. There a bunch of us that drive around without sensors in our wheels.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

nevermind im wrong. the lights went off when i did it yesterday. i drove for 1hr yesterday after and it wasnt there. but today i just ran to the store and now the lights came back on.

the station i went to yells at you if you get out and do it yourself.

but the lights came on AGAIN today after a while but then went off at random. i'm going to the shop Monday for inspection and to find out whats making it do that.

Archived