LegacyGT.com

Codes C0071 C0052 C0054 P0447

Just recently purchased an 07 outback 3.0r LL Bean

Been driving fin for the first 1200 miles or so.

Today all of a sudden The check engine light and the VDC traction lights come on. I checked the codes and got the above

All seemed to be related to VDC and the P code was for fuel evap.

Weird all of a sudden I received multiple codes

https://www.google.com/search?q=C0071+C0052+C0054&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-ContextMenu&oe=&safe=active&gws_rd=ssl&oq=&gs_l=

I'm guessing you have a loose connector somewhere or a dirty one.

Does the SM show all four circuits going through one connector ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not sure what the google is for. Notice first hit is my thread. ;)

Anyway. Cleaned all grounds and connector into the ABS with deoxit. C0071 and C0054 are now gone.

Fixed the P0447 by tracing the wire coming off charcoal can.

Had a wire that was almost cut in half and corroded. Soldered and shrink wrap and P0447 gone.

That seems to be a common problem as the WRX guys posted about it on NASIOC.

Only one left is the C0052. ABS is not working nor VDC.

Going through the SM trouble shoot now.

Well went through the troubleshooting procedure in the service manual......C0052 is still there.

Looks like I need a ABS/VDC control module. Whole unit 1100-1300, just the computer portion 375....OUCH!

Been looking on the internet for a used one but mine has VDC and a certain part number so its more expensive and harder to find.

Have you tried looking in the junk yards, or done a google search for a used ABS/VDC controller ?

When I needed a rear diff, that's what I did.

I tried, https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=abs+controller+subaru+outback&tbm=shop

It's a start.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
Just recently purchased an 07 outback 3.0r LL Bean

Been driving fin for the first 1200 miles or so.

Today all of a sudden The check engine light and the VDC traction lights come on. I checked the codes and got the above

All seemed to be related to VDC and the P code was for fuel evap.

Weird all of a sudden I received multiple codes

Im having a similar problem with my 2007 Legacy 2.5i. I just got the front of the car repaired from deer damage, on my way home I got into the passing gear. Right when it was about to shift the car jerked really bad and the CEL (check engine light) came on as well as the cruise light started blinking. It drove home fine though, I did check all fluids right when it happened, then continued home. Any ideas on what it is?

Were you trying to pass someone? Did you see how high the rpms went before you tried to shift? I'm wondering if you hit the fuel cut off, I've done that a handful of times. I feel like my car cuts fuel a little before red line instead of at or a little past red line.

Couldn't hurt to try tightening the gas cap too.

No I had just came out of a curve, and was speeding up (not really fast). At around 3500 to 4000 rpm it jerked really hard before shifting from second to third (its an automatic), and then the check engine light came on but the car continued on like nothing happened. I stopped a mile or so down the road and checked all the fluids (they were all good). The light stayed on for a hour or so no matter if I turned the car off or on. After work, about 10 hours later, the light isn't on anymore.:confused:

Archived