LegacyGT.com

Windsheild Replaced

My wife just had the windshield replaced today, and when I got home, i saw that that new windsheild didn't have the elements for the heated wipers. She took it in yesterday and they had ordered a the wrong glass, non heated wipers, and so they had to reorder the glass w/ the heating elements. So, my question is this, before I call the shop tomorrow, is there an aftermarket glass w/ the elements on the other side? I'm guessing no and I'm quite certain they installed the wrong glass.

i've seen aftermarket glass that had the heaters at the bottom. at first, i thought they forgot to order the one with the heaters but the aftermarket glass had a super dark tint at the bottom. you couldnt see the heaters unless you were standing in very bright light...

i've seen aftermarket glass that had the heaters at the bottom. at first, i thought they forgot to order the one with the heaters but the aftermarket glass had a super dark tint at the bottom. you couldnt see the heaters unless you were standing in very bright light...

I second that - I had my windshield replaced a couple of days ago, and the tech made a point of showing me the wires and the heating element on the inside of the windshield before he installed it. After it was in place, the tint on the bottom of the windshield was so dark I could not see the elements.

The tint at the top of the windshield was much lighter, however. Go figure.

You could try and look for the wiring harness going to the windshield - the connector is on the passenger side of the car.

-Ryan

Welcome to the non oem glass club guys......

I'm on my 3rd & could get another one @ anytime :(:(

After watching the windshield installed it really makes you realize why A-pillar gauges are a bad idea:eek:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Welcome to the non oem glass club guys......

I'm on my 3rd & could get another one @ anytime :(:(

This club sucks - I spent $$$ and I didn't even get a decoder ring, badge, or secret handshake! :)

-Ryan

ill be joining your club soon....

small rock must of hit the very top of my windshield. Washing it the other day I hear a loud crack, and low and behold a huge crack that splits in a Y going down half my windshield.

Not looking forward to the hassle of getting it replaced, but it is awful distracting having a huge crack in the corner of my eye.

Not looking forward to the hassle of getting it replaced, but it is awful distracting having a huge crack in the corner of my eye.

Yea, I had a rock hit pretty much right between my eyes on the windshield. I kept ducking and moving my head to see around it until I got it replaced. Bleh.

-Ryan

Archived