LegacyGT.com

KILLER deal on Lower control arms

Mevotechs are still sold out. Another member posted MAS -

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mas,CB72083,control+arm,10401

They look very similar to Mevotechs and UltraPowers. Do you think these are also the same part with a different p/n?

I have a Spec B and installed the Mevotech arms. I can't tell a difference aside from new bushings and ooooh shiny.

Mevotechs are still sold out. Another member posted MAS -

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mas,CB72083,control+arm,10401

They look very similar to Mevotechs and UltraPowers. Do you think these are also the same part with a different p/n?

In the link you provided is that for both control arms or just one? Also how are the bushings that are pre-installed on these? Thanks!

In the link you provided is that for both control arms or just one? Also how are the bushings that are pre-installed on these? Thanks!

Left and right are two different part numbers.

Read posts starting around #293 going through 320 or so.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/killer-deal-lower-control-arms-245333.html?p=5648648

That rear control arm bushing (the larger one) looks exactly the same as the one that came stock on my Spec B which is why I opted for the Mevotech arms - the bushings look more substantial than the stock (and MAS) bushings. If these bushings wear out <100,000 miles, then I'll spring for the Whiteline or another bushing with added caster.

• 1 month later...
That rear control arm bushing (the larger one) looks exactly the same as the one that came stock on my Spec B which is why I opted for the Mevotech arms - the bushings look more substantial than the stock (and MAS) bushings. If these bushings wear out <100,000 miles, then I'll spring for the Whiteline or another bushing with added caster.

GOOD POINT. Anyone buy the mevos or others listed here and swap out for Whiteline bushings? On the fence if I should just swap bushings while my MAS arms are not installed.

Are these the same size as OEM? I've noticed a lowspeed clicking when turning, and wonder if these are messing with my CV axles. Replaced both axles and the issue persists.

What about your wheel bearing/hub assemblies?

Here are said arms, left and right, two different part numbers, $179 shipped to my door. They look nice, solid rubber bushings, and light.

The box and paper looks way more elegant than the Mevotechs I got. I'm most likely going to leave the arms as is when I put them on. I have way more rubber to replace already.

• 1 month later...
Anyone have any input on the balljoint that mevotech includes with these? I have 2 NIB OEM balljoint's waiting to go in when I ordered these. I'm thinking of using the OEM and saving the mevotech for one of the other subaru's.

The ball joint is beefier than stock. Its the STI style ball joint that has a different taper.

The ball joint is beefier than stock. Its the STI style ball joint that has a different taper.

From what I can tell the STI uses the same part number ball joint as the LGT. All the same, ill take that most people don't have issues with them and that they seem to be of decent quality.

From what I can tell the STI uses the same part number ball joint as the LGT. All the same, ill take that most people don't have issues with them and that they seem to be of decent quality.

I have been running them for a year. I am pleased. I wish I had taken a picture of the difference in the ball joint.

I just installed these with new sway bar end links, they keep squealing when I go over speed bumps. Is this normal? When i tried to replace these lca with MOOG sway bar end links, they had a lube nipple that was extremely close to rubbing onto the lca. Anyone have any inputs on this? or is this because of the new rubber?

Did ya geese up all the parts during setup? If so give it a min. Don't remember nipple clearance issues with my Moog link install. Could be different if your LGT I guess.

Do us all a favor and add some sig details about yourself and the car in question so we start off on common ground. :)

Welcome.

I just installed these with new sway bar end links, they keep squealing when I go over speed bumps. Is this normal? When i tried to replace these lca with MOOG sway bar end links, they had a lube nipple that was extremely close to rubbing onto the lca. Anyone have any inputs on this? or is this because of the new rubber?
Yeah man this has been over a few times, common mistake. You can definitely install them so the nipple faces away from the lca. Ive done the install also myself so I know personally

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I somehow stumbled into this thread just in time since all my bushings are pretty worn, so thanks for all the great info! I will most likely place an order for the front LCAs, just curious if anyone has found anything similar for the rears? Tried searching all over Rock Auto and eBay but couldn't find anything.