LegacyGT.com

Anyone here can get me some Kansai Service Parts?

Xenonk

• 2 weeks later...

I seriously think the HKS Kansai adjustible rods are over priced. And the wait sucks. All for 300 bucks....

I got a pair of Laile BeatRush ones, they only retailed for 200, which is a full 100 bucks cheaper. Both have urethane bushings also. It was slightly cheaper for me since my brother lives in Yokohama so he can walk in and buy it over the counter. But they have a yahoo auction site that you can just purchase one set thru a bidding proxy company. In the end, it would still be cheaper than the 300 MSRP from Kansai.

And if you are going to race with them, you should actually make your own. Pillow ball rod ends are only 70 bucks a pair for self-lubricating ones, with stainless steel body and telflon coated race. And then a double threaded (left and right hand threads) rod is only a few bucks. The last component would be metal bushings, which you have a local machine shop make. The entire out of pocket would be less than 150 bucks, and you would have a set of adjustable rods with pillow ball ends.

I thought about making them for mass sales, since making those metal bushings would have been even cheaper if I make a large batch. But I don't know if there is enough Legacy market to justify the work to sell those things, so I took the lazy route. If my brother wasn't in Japan, I would have made a set on my own.

I thought about it as well, but I am not sure if the Kansai ones are aluminum instead of just steel.. it's definitely understandable about making my own set, but if it's about $200 to $250 shipped, I dont think it's a bad deal considering that these aren't massed produced (heck, even you went the easy route as well ;) )
Keefe

If the Kansai bar is about 200-250 shipped, that's not bad at all. As to whether that is Aluminum or not, I can't really tell from the picture. But if it is aluminum, then they should have made a 1-piece shaft with bushing hole machined out of it, instead of welding the ends onto it. 1-piece billet rod would probably be pretty cheap, compared to spending the effort to TIG weld the aluminum ends and the shaft together. Because of that, I tend to think the Kansai rod is steel also.

• 6 months later...
so Keefe why these under braces over the cusco ones? just cause its Aluminum?

you lost me.. these are lateral links we are talking about.. they connect from the pivot point of the chassis to the hub.. the Cusco under brace connects the pivot points of where these lateral links connect.. thus supposedly stiffen and make the pivot points more rigid.

Keefe

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I seriously think the HKS Kansai adjustible rods are over priced. And the wait sucks. All for 300 bucks....

I got a pair of Laile BeatRush ones, they only retailed for 200, which is a full 100 bucks cheaper. Both have urethane bushings also. It was slightly cheaper for me since my brother lives in Yokohama so he can walk in and buy it over the counter. But they have a yahoo auction site that you can just purchase one set thru a bidding proxy company. In the end, it would still be cheaper than the 300 MSRP from Kansai.

And if you are going to race with them, you should actually make your own. Pillow ball rod ends are only 70 bucks a pair for self-lubricating ones, with stainless steel body and telflon coated race. And then a double threaded (left and right hand threads) rod is only a few bucks. The last component would be metal bushings, which you have a local machine shop make. The entire out of pocket would be less than 150 bucks, and you would have a set of adjustable rods with pillow ball ends.

I thought about making them for mass sales, since making those metal bushings would have been even cheaper if I make a large batch. But I don't know if there is enough Legacy market to justify the work to sell those things, so I took the lazy route. If my brother wasn't in Japan, I would have made a set on my own.

Resurrecting this thread, does anybody know where to get the rear lateral links made by Laile Beatrush? Especially the ones for the 2000-2004 Subaru Legacy?

there's also a chance for liability issues and all that other consumer law issues if something were to go wrong if they were not made correctly. It's just easier at this point to sell something that someone already makes.

HKS is indeed expensive, they can charge that amount because of their name and R&D to go into it, (plus, we all do this to make some sort of money as well, very few are in the industry to make it for the shear joy of consumers having it for the sake of having it).

Keefe

Archived