LegacyGT.com

510Finn's 2008 QSM Spec.B

510Finn

Figured I needed to post this here. I sold my '03 SRP WRX Bugeye to Heedz. Bought this car on Dec. 16th 2012 with SPT intake and SPT v2 Catback exhaust at 47500 miles from Poway Toyota in San Diego.

Baseline dyno-pull with CNT DP, Cobb AP OTS Stage 2 93oct map, SPT intake and catback (no other power mods) - 227WHP on FFTech Mustang Dyno day June 22nd, 2013.

Newer mods and Tuned:

6 Star Speed 20G-XR TD06SL2 Garrett ball bearing turbo.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4699889

Perrin turbo blanket.

Perrin turbo inlet.

GrimmSpeed TMIC and splitter kit (thermal black). 69870

DW 1000cc top-feed injectors.

KSTech 73mm Mega CAI w/Amsoil EaAU3051 synthetic dry cone filter and EaPF25 (pre-filter sock).

Forge Motorsports FMWRX3 BPV.

Okada Projects Plasma spark boots.

NGK LFRA7IX plugs. 61600

Killer B oil pickup tube and baffle tray.

Amsoil European 5w-40 and EAO26 to replace the EAO15. 62335

Crawford Performance Air/Oil Separator. 65150

RPS SpeedSport Single Carbon-Carbon clutch installed. 68180

Titek 3-bolt EL header and uppipe (ceramic coated). 69870

Snail Performance Tune E85 (430H/450T) and 91 Oct. (370H/365T) maps.

91-oct-6SS-20GXR-Dynochart.thumb.png.e620996ffa799bbc16fe81a99d02c69a.png

E85-6SS-20GXR-Dynochart.thumb.png.4c3015d37583f58650fd87418a3b71c5.png

Tune video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zneGxTW9VE]2008 Legacy GT Spec B Tuned on 91 CAN Oct.& E85 Snail Performance - YouTube[/ame] 1/14/2014.

GST Motorsports Mustang Dyno Day 2/1/2014 (The Heart Breaker) 3rd gear pull in Sport# with clutch slip.

Messenger_5835554531599836838_13913046197085600.thumb.jpg.ee3d29422882c8c11a6832a0eabbaf67.jpg

Go mods:

Samco BPV silicon hose.

Torque Solution Pitch-stop.

STi Group-N transmission mount.

GrimmSpeed DP catless, limited, coated.

DEI Titanium Heat Wrap and Thermo-Tec Silicone Spray. 66800

Amsoil Dual Remote By-pass kit and filters EABP90 & EAO15 - installed at 54280.

GrimmSpeed 3 port EBCS.

Cobb AccessPort v2 SUB-003.

Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90 in transmission and differentials.

Kartboy 6sp. STS.

Anarchy Motive 6sp. gunmetal shift knob.

Torque Solutions 6sp. front shifter bushing.

DW65c drop-in fuel pump.

X2 Power Group 35 AGM battery.

VBG-1 - GTBoostGauge.com.

On order/waiting on/future:

Retune by Snail Performance.

Cobb Flex Fuel Kit.

Show and handling mods:

BBS RS-GT wheels 18x8 +40 with new Dorman TPMS sensors.

Dunlop StarSpec Z2 245/40-18.

JDM BL (front)/BP (rear) STi Pink springs.

JDM STi Legacy grill.

Kartboy front end-links. 71400

AVO rear adjustable end-links.

AVO 20mm adjustable rear anti-roll bar.

AVO rear anti-roll bar reinforcement brackets.

Alcon 4-pot front BBK kit (calipers painted black by 510 Color-Werks).

Pagid RS4-2-1 front pads.

Brembo 2-pot rear brakes (calipers painted black by 510 Color-Werks).

Porterfield RS4 rear pads.

MachV Motorsports rear Brembo caliper adapters.

DBA 42657S T3 rear rotors.

Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake line kit.

GrimmSpeed Master Cylinder Brace VDC.

GrimmSpeed Radiator shroud.

GrimmSpeed Alternator shroud.

SuperPro SPF2803K Front Lower Control Arm Bushings for increase castor.

Whiteline KCA399 Rear upper arm camber bushings.

JDM Wangan Lower arm bar.

SPT billet battery tie-down.

Huck Gee/Kartboy Limited Edition +7hp Oil Cap.

Ebay STi S204 front lip.

Computerized Tint - 35% rears, 50% front sides.

LED replacement bulbs for Low Beams and Fog Lights

Carbon fiber rear license plate frame.

Flip-key remote mod.

Ebay LED map lights.

Ebay front license plate mount.

Primitive Racing Aluminum Lower engine tray.

Mods that have been replaced/retired/removed:

FMS TMIC with PW hoses and upgraded T-bolt clamps.

Invidia up-pipe - thermal coated by Accessories Plus.

Borla UEL header - thermal coated by Accessories Plus.

CNT catted downpipe - thermal coated by Accessories Plus. Cryotuned Performance - Stage 2+ map.

SPT intake w/Amsoil synthetic dryflo filter and prefilter sock.

Bullet-proof TMIC mod.

Samco silicon TB hose.

Thermal Solutions turbo blanket.

Amsoil Series 3000 5w-30 HDD engine oil 6.5 qts.

JDM STi Titan front strut tower bar.

SPT billet oil cap.

Yokohama 235/40-18 S-Drive tires.

HIDKitWarehouse 4300k 35w HID lights and slim ballasts.

HIDKitWarehouse 3000k 35w HID fog lights and slim ballasts.

AVO front adjustable end-links. (replaced due to stripped nut)

Shortly after I got the car and did the window tint.

154004680_Aftertint.thumb.jpg.a36e066efc6362c5b1f1c420911ef53b.jpg

Recent picture after Subifest 2013.

856732_10202194589210706_385961295_o.thumb.jpg.02ed1108a43994406bb101881f2d3bef.jpg

1370916240808.thumb.jpg.29699f0b4562db5eee43081e93617909.jpg

1/14/2014 Dyno Tuned on Mustang (video).

http://goo.gl/WdkxPX

• 2 months later...
Car looks good and has a fair share of mods, whats next and what does the future hold?

Thanks. Soon, due to the high torque, I'm also looking to replace the clutch with most likely the Exedy Twin plate (to try keep the feel as close to OEM, but with much greater holding power). Oh, and I'm in on that Crawford AOS v2 group buy.

Then probably need to save up for a built short block, as she probably won't be able to stay together with this kind of power, but i'm crossing my fingers, as I generally don't abuse her.

• 1 month later...

Took her out to my very first autocross event at the O.co Oakland Coliseum/Oracle Arena, this past Sunday. She did perform very well, and could have performed a bit more with better tires. Also, I only had 3 runs instead of he normal 4 so that was a bit of a bummer. I like that I have both ride comfort and sport suspension with the combination of Bilstein struts and JDM STi Legacy springs, this is how the US Spec B should have come stock. Surprisingly, the car handles great with just a hit of oversteer.

_J5V8690.thumb.jpg.f0141a96745ebe9348c29b5e54f62cac.jpg

_J5V8751.thumb.jpg.0ad06878e0f058cd14f7984cf09a11e3.jpg

are you daily driving it on that 370awhp (91 octane)? are you worried about the pistons?

I've also got the sti pinks, feels great! I agree, the spec B should have come with these from the factory.

Actually, I'm daily driving it on E85. Not too worried about the pistons, because i'm mainly driving it in Sport mode (18-19 psi) and rarely using Sport# (22 psi). I plan to do the pistons when I need to change the head gaskets, otherwise if the piston does go before that then I will probably buy an 08+ Subaru STi short block and swap the pistons then swap the engines.

Hey man this is looking good! you need to swap the top mount eventually.....it doesnt reflect the quality of parts you have everywhere else. I am doing a major overhaul on my car too and I do plan on making a trip to the bay to visit.

he's waiting for the GS TMIC =D

Comin to the norcal meet in May/June?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Car looks great Finn!

Dude you have nothing to worry about being on E85 it's actually safer than 91. At 22psi you already are using a conservative tune. All others are closer to 24 psi. You should be fine.

Actually, I'm daily driving it on E85. Not too worried about the pistons, because i'm mainly driving it in Sport mode (18-19 psi) and rarely using Sport# (22 psi). I plan to do the pistons when I need to change the head gaskets, otherwise if the piston does go before that then I will probably buy an 08+ Subaru STi short block and swap the pistons then swap the engines.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Finn, just a quick question, any particular reason your tuners are both choosing to dyno it in 3rd gear? the Spec-B 6 spd is closer to 1:1 in 4th. I realize it was a heartbreker dyno but your numbers suggested something else then I saw 3rd gear pulls. Not knocking of course as you have a fine ride right there but I'd like to see a 4th gear pull to better compare.

Good luck at your next event!

Finn, just a quick question, any particular reason your tuners are both choosing to dyno it in 3rd gear? the Spec-B 6 spd is closer to 1:1 in 4th. I realize it was a heartbreker dyno but your numbers suggested something else then I saw 3rd gear pulls. Not knocking of course as you have a fine ride right there but I'd like to see a 4th gear pull to better compare.

Good luck at your next event!

Hi Drew,

The car was tuned by Travis Barnes of Snail Performance on the FW Motorsports Mustang Dyno for both E85 and CA 91 (which was first), with Sport and Sport#, as I had probably less than 2 gallons in the tank, then nearing the final pull on 91, it went lean indicating that fuel had run out. The tuner did 4th gear pulls for all tuning. I then put about 7 gallons of E85 in the tank and then it was tuned in both Sport and Sport# doing the pulls in 4th. During the E85 tuning is when the clutch started slipping.

The other Mustang Dyno test was done at GST Motorsports during a fun Dyno day. The Dyno chart shows a 3rd gear pull with a little clutch slip in Sport#. Stock 2014 STI did 235/245 whp/wtq in 4th gear on that Dyno on the same day.

Really need to do the clutch and hoping to go back to the same dynos at a future date to get better 4th gear comparisons.

Just trying to piece it together so it makes sense. A heartbreaker reads low but your numbers are a little high but not by too much. I was thinking 3rd gear might explain it but thinking it through the 07+ 6spd is taller and you can really tune in either. Maybe 3rd is safer so your not hitting 120 or so on the dyno. 360 and change on any 20G variant, especially on CA91 is more like 15 whp less all over the net. I expected a Mustang Dyno to read even lower. This is one that reads like all the others. Which isn't a bad thing just not usual and caught me off guard. But really, they are only numbers and you have a very nice car.

510Finn, how do you like that 6SS 20gxr? Did you go with the td06sl2? It looks like a pretty fun turbo setup to have, what are your impressions of drivability on the street in terms of power band?

I like the turbo. It is a TD06SL2, and the ball bearing cartridge seems to help spool it up a little quicker. I DD on E85, and mostly in Sport mode, but as soon as I hit the Sport# button, it seems to come alive and really gets up and goes. I end up consuming the fuel much quicker in SP#, but I Iike having two different power modes to select from. I would say the drivability on the street is very good and power delivery is smoother in Sport mode doesn't hit harder as in Sport# you really feel the torque in Sport#. Power band wise it really starts around 3500 and pulls hard to redline, and in Sport# is much stronger pull.

Hey man this is looking good! you need to swap the top mount eventually.....it doesnt reflect the quality of parts you have everywhere else. I am doing a major overhaul on my car too and I do plan on making a trip to the bay to visit.

Sorry for waiting to reply. Thanks, Alex. When you planning to come back to the Bay again? Mark (wpmarky) setup a Track meet for June 1, hope you can make it up, if not then perhaps another time. I know about the TMIC, it will be swapped when the GS unit is released. I'll keep an eye on your new overhaul, i'm sure it will be superb.

• 2 weeks later...

Swapped out the CNT catted downpipe with the new GrimmSpeed catless, limited, coated one. I wrapped it with DEI titanium wrap, and then sprayed two coats of Thermo-Tec high temp silicone spray. Mileage was 66800.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/21/ypy4ady6.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/21/4e4y2ety.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/21/tuba3ysy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/21/zabededa.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Archived