LegacyGT.com

What intake? K&n aem??

I've enjoyed my Cobb CAI. Make sure you tune for it. If sound is what you're looking for this and any other intake will give you what you're looking for. There is definitely a noticeable difference. My wife said my car sounds like an airplane taking off.
...Support your LGT community...

If you want to hear your turbo and want to spend no money you could just remove your intake silencer. Takes all of about 15 mins. The stock intake is actually quite good.

+1

Removed silencer and a drop in panel filter (Perrin, K&N, etc) will allow you to hear your turbo/BPV and not require tuning. Also, it's the cheapest and easiest option available.

+1

Removed silencer and a drop in panel filter (Perrin, K&N, etc) will allow you to hear your turbo/BPV and not require tuning. Also, it's the cheapest and easiest option available.

+1

Blitz and Avo also make good drop in panel filters.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

+1

I found MAF scalings with a K&N Panel filter in place of the OEM paper were much closer to the values of a real intake than the stock intake (with and without the resonator in place). You should still properly scale a panel filter if you're running other than the stock fuel table, which is most tunes.

Nothing but issues with my AEM and rain/ car wash.

I had this intake also and had the same issues. It's a shame as this was my favorite intake other than the water issue. I've since tried the K&N Typhoon and have settled on the Cobb with Airbox.

My "intake" is inside my engine compartment still. Hopefully I will not have water issues. Sadly my car came that way. Makes a nice woosh and turbo sound though. It is an HPS intake. I guess I like it.

They have a video of it. I do not think it sounds impressive in the clip at all, but in the cabin you can surely hear the turbo quite well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWYLYbY8Z28]YouTube - Sound Clip 05-07 Subaru Legacy GT Turbo HPS Cold Air Intake[/ame]

Never had problems with my AEM CAI and moisture. No problems with my last subaru and moisture either (99 SF, Injen CAI). But YMMV.

Compared to the CAI, the stock intake w/silencer removed sounds like ass IMO. It is a deep boomy monotone noise that starts right at 3K RPM. Two totally different sounds.

anyone used the AEM By pass valve?

I was reading on their website, and they say not for FI vehicles?

I was going to install one on my sister's old accord, but once I saw that you have to cut the pipe to install it, it was promptly returned.

If you installed it after the MAF I could see how it could let in unmetered air, leaning out your mixture quite a bit.

Archived