LegacyGT.com

I'm really sorry about that post! My speak to text wasn't working so well. I was in an area with very limited cell service, trying to get some info quick! I needed to close the deal and couldn't wait. Hope I didn't screw myself too bad. I bought a 97 Outback with minimal rust (for VT!) but the motor "just stopped running". "There were really no strange noises". I'm inclined to think timing belt as car has 206,xxx miles and not a great maintenance record availability. Apparently, they put a new battery in and nothing at all. I will try myself, this afternoon. My question was supposed to be "will a 01 Outback motor fit easily?" They are both 2.5 automatics. I'm hoping, because I bought the car for $500 and a motor from someone else (unrelated in anyway to guy I got car from, they don't know each other) for $250. Didn't have time to wait for cell service. That's my story. I'll be honest, I poured over this forum last night and I'm still not sure I'm ok. Any input appreciated and sorry for the messed up post yesterday! :eek:

Should work. Look over the electronics and make sure the plugs are the same. You might have to switch intakes if not.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

Thanks Wurker, I'm really stressing over this and I'm not sure why. I search and search forums for advice and it all seems to contradict itself! I'm a college graduate (a few years ago!) but I'm not stupid, I don't think... but I'm really frustrated as to a clear answer. :spin::spin::confused::spin::spin:

Archived