LegacyGT.com

Right leg/foot pain... in my Legacy GT

Hey guys,

I am coming from the Altima, and that car can fit a giant... with all the leg room...

I am 6 feet by the way...

Now my leg room has less width.. so my right foot is touching the plastic, more like my knee area... and after like 1 hour driving my entire foot starts to hurt.. had anyone had that problem? with the legacy..

I have GT 08

I came from a Nissan Titan crew cab truck and that could fit a giant.

The legroom in my Outback XT is the same as the Legacy GT.

I am 6' tall, 190 pounds and wear a size 10 shoe. I commute about 1 hour each way 3 days per week and I have had no such issues. My longest non-stop stretch has been 3 hours and I have found the car to be very comfortable.

I think you just need to play around with the seat adjustments.

Well, I'm 5' 10", and have an 11.5 [uS] size foot. I blame my leg pain on Subaru's awful electronic throttle. I can't really rest my foot on the accel. pedal, I have to hold it off the pedal, sort of, and this causes me leg cramps after about an hour. Driving in "I" mode helps a bit, because there is less throttle opening.

The driver and passenger foot wells are way too tight in the Legacy. Just wait until you slam on the brakes, and your right foot catches the go-pedal....Adjusting the seat backwards makes no difference. I had a 4-Runner with the same problem.

Cheers, Albatross.

I'm coming from a 1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic( read "boat car/cop car") that can sit 4 wide in the front seat.

I'm 6'3 about 200 and wear a size 12 cowboy boot most the time.

The legacy fits close, but I've never had any type of leg pains from it. My legs and knees are ruined because of hockey and soccer so it seems odd that you are having serious problems. I would say try moving the seat around some and maybe stretch a bit.

Maybe the 06 just has more room.

Oh one thing though, on long trips I pull my wallet out of my pocket because it'll mess up my right leg. Might try that.

Hey guys,

I am coming from the Altima, and that car can fit a giant... with all the leg room...

I am 6 feet by the way...

Now my leg room has less width.. so my right foot is touching the plastic, more like my knee area... and after like 1 hour driving my entire foot starts to hurt.. had anyone had that problem? with the legacy..

I have GT 08

You should have bought an 09 they have the adjustable throttle control,, :p In your overpriced 08 just use the cruise control full time:spin:

i find it takes a little more tension in your leg to keep the pedal where you want it than my old 94 maxima. i've started trying different ways of keeping pressure on the pedal.

i find, depending on which pair of shoes I have on, that my toe touches the underside of the dash board right above the pedal sometimes on a round piece of plastic. i havent taken a detailed look at it yet but i was wondering if this happens to anyone else. i don't have a huge foot by any means, a 10 or 10.5 shoe usually. i mean i rest my heel almost near the base of the pedal and i use the ball of my foot to drive...do most people use their toes?

I came from a MKV GTI. Those of you who have driven euro cars probably know the setup can be slightly different. The accelerators are "hinged" the opposite way. From the bottom, rather than the top like in the Legacy (if that makes sense.) The pedal travel is also A LOT longer in the Legacy and lighter than it was in the GTI. The pedals in the legacy are way to close together and the footwell is way too cramped. I'm not a big guy, im 5'9'' about 135, but I do wear a size 13 shoe. I have so little room down there, the first few weeks of driving my right ankle/leg really started to hurt. I thought the pedal was at an AWFUL angle and has way too much travel. After a few weeks of driving, I got used to it. I still say the design is not to my liking though. Far less pedal travel would be nice, and so would a nicer setup. One more ideal for heel-toe would be nice also.

never had foot pain, thought i do have to sit at a funny angle (im 6'0). Biggest problem i had at first was the seats making my nuts hurt. friend of mine had the same problem, after about 45 minutes it felt like i'd puled my groin.

fiddled with the seat for a week or two and it went away

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

I'm 6'1" and about 175lbs in weight. I wear anywhere between a 11-12 shoe size (US). I've never had a problem of cramping up. I like the closeness of the pedals personally - it allows for better rev-matching. I don't think that the pedals are too close either.

Work with the seat, as everyone has mentioned. Height of the seat might be a factor here.

I'm 6'1" and about 175lbs in weight. I wear anywhere between a 11-12 shoe size (US). I've never had a problem of cramping up. I like the closeness of the pedals personally - it allows for better rev-matching. I don't think that the pedals are too close either.

Work with the seat, as everyone has mentioned. Height of the seat might be a factor here.

I rev match all the time, however, if I have anything on my feet that isn't ultra narrow, i need to be careful not to hit the brake and gas at the same time.

5'10" 163 lbs. I get intense hip pain and tightness if I drive longer than 90 minutes in my Legacy. I have adjusted the seat in several different positions. I think the lower back support inthe Legacy seats is designed improperly. The bottom cushion is too short also. Never have had the same problem in my Tundra.

I'm 6', 180# and I noticed the narrowness of the footwell in the Legacy almost immediately. It did take some getting used to, but I guess that's a small price to pay for having an ideal drivetrain layout. Remember, most other automakers mount the engines transversely with the tranny right next to them - this then eliminated the need for a large tunnel.

Archived