LegacyGT.com

What about this intercooler?

1ST link is a PW knockoff similar to FMS

2nd link is piping only for a FMIC

for $400+ hold out for a used AVO or Perrin

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

something tells me that PW cant be for our cars at that price.. they usually go for 750$

$400 for a PW is worth pulling a gold tooth for if you have to.

As others stated if its a real process west and not a knockoff then scoop that deal up. I sold my process west with extra hose for $800.

It's not a Process West - Stated as "God Speed" Brand and even shows pics of it with the Name on it:confused:

Appears to be the typical PW Knock Off - so expect it to act like one... The few reviews I found (quick google search) all seem to state it heat soaks almost immediately, and provides little gain over stock.:hobbes:

The knock off or the PW? Because we have proven time and time again on my dyno that the PW provides little gain over stock and heat soaks immediately too. If willing to spend $900 on a TMIC, you should be buying a FMIC.

I still have them on sale. Lol. They are actually a nice kit compared to a lot of whats out there at a decent price.

Its kind of funny... the best overall TMIC we have tested is the stock STi. LOL. On a WRX (02-07) or STi if running a TMIC, thats the best your gonna do and its probably the cheapest too. AVO, Grimmspeed, PW, best they can do is the same as the OEM STi. You might be able to push a little more from a aftermarket TMIC for track use, but on a DD running our CAN91 fuel in our So Cal temps they all heat soak by the second to third pull.

On an LGT (or an 08+ WRX) under the same conditions the OEM TMIC is crap. But once again even though you can push the aftermarkets to higher boost pressures, you just get heat soak. You get a little more out of the aftermarket TMIC in this situation, but not enough to always justify the cost (when compared to a FMIC).

My previous tuner used to push OEM LGT TMIC's to 18psi and aftermarket TMIC's to 20psi (on ACN 91). My current tuner pushes OEM LGT TMIC's to 16 psi and aftermarket to 18psi, but makes more power. With an decent FMIC you can push to 22psi.

We actually use an air to water intercooler on our shop BRZ (super charged). We have many customers cars running this same set up (BRZ/FRS).

Not a fan of water/meth. Just too many problems that can occur with the systems.

Archived