LegacyGT.com

Sticker shock at the pump

Everyone knows gas is going up recently but today was a bit of a shock......Bought gas in Vancouver BC...$1.52 per liter...that works out to $5.75 per US gallon or $7.19 per Imperial (Canadian) gallon.

I saw on the news this morning that the average price in the US is $3.95 as of this morning....you lucky beggars!!!!:spin:

What does it cost where you guys are???

$4.34 after work today.

I didn't bother looking at the total on the pump when it clicked off.

You definitely wouldn't want to look at the total at $5.75 a gallon :mad:

It was just under $100 today for a fill up from almost empty.....OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

e85 just went up again here, was 2.69 2 months ago now 3.35. And I'm bitching about that.:spin: 91 is around 3.75 or so. Colorado I hear is one of the cheaper gas states for comparison purposes :) Another great reason to live in beautiful Colorado:cool:

eh, even $5/gal isnt bad.

europe? $10/gal.

ive never really understood the obsession with gas prices.

a few cents more/gal makes almost zero difference at fill up. an extra buck, maybe?

even if gas were a whole dollar more a gallon, youd still only be spending maybe $10-15 more at fill up.

a starbucks cup of coffee is prob $2.

def easy to offset any gas price increase by cutting back on luxuries.

however, if your argument is that gas price increases eats into consumer spending, then, yes you got me.

but in terms of household budgeting, gas is a fairly static cost, given its relatively marginal price variances over the long term.

I paid 4.13 per gallon on the last fill-up. I justify my carbon foot print by telecommuting on Friday and not driving my car at least 5 days per month. It actually feels good not to drive for 2 days in a row, it makes it that much more fun to open it up the next time I drive!

was up in Norway for a while. Paid 10 bucks a gallon. Today, it is 10.65 a gallon up there.

Right now in France, it is 8.6$ a gallon. Gotta love Euro gas taxation system..

haha. painful, huh.

but costly fuel is also the reason cars and non us car manufacturers outside of the us are smaller and more fuel efficient. back when the detroit dinosaurs ruled the earth, there was no incentive to research innovative and efficient fuel technologies

I think $4.50/gal to fill up today :( I don't save any gas money over my Lesabre or Explorer having to fill up with premium.

If you do the math, filling up with premium is roughly an extra three dollars per tank of gas.

So that three dollars is the deciding factor in you saving money on gas over your Ford Explorer?

Ok.

haha. painful, huh.

but costly fuel is also the reason cars and non us car manufacturers outside of the us are smaller and more fuel efficient. back when the detroit dinosaurs ruled the earth, there was no incentive to research innovative and efficient fuel technologies

yep painful, though each time I fill up I just laugh! I still remember a couple years ago when I was paying 1.5$ a gallon..

In any case, I can't really complain. I bike to work everyday and only use the car for leisure. 2 tanks a month and weekend boosting :D..

Archived