LegacyGT.com

Looking to purchase an '07 LGT Limited

spin360

The LGT Limited has approx. 75,000 miles and is bone stock. According to the seller, no major cosmetic issues and no mechanical issues period. It apparently has an extended warranty out to 100k miles or 5 years I believe. He's asking $16,500. What do you think? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger.

We just bought one friday. With mixed city and highway driving, we got 24mpg. I was flooring it a lot though(AT). Theres a display that tells you what your mpg is, based on how hard you are accelerating. I really like it so far but the ps steering failed and its in the shop now. Luckily I also have the 5 year 60k extended. I paid 17,850 with 34k miles.

Well that's good to hear of the gas mileage. I drive ~350-400 miles per week so I need at least a somewhat fuel efficient vehicle. The 17-23 MPG listed on C&D kind of scared me.

Does the extended Subaru warranty work at any Subie dealership?

yeah I wasn't going easy on this tank at all so I would imagine i could get a little more if it was highway and easy driving. While i was cruising on the highway i consistently was able to keep the meter at 29-32 mpg.

Yes the extended gold coverage warrranty will work at any subaru dealer. They will send you a membership card in the mail. Its actually really good coverage, practically bumper to bumper. Roadside assistance, car rental, tire damage, and vacation reimbursement is included too. I'm new to subarus as well, this is my first. Learning a lot here.:)

I have an 08 with a manual that I bought last month. It's not the right car if you're looking to save gas but it can get high 20's when you're on the highway. The onboard MPG estimator is pretty darn accurate (compared to the one on my 4Runner that is about 20% optimistic). Sounds like a good price. They can't be found in my area right now, the only one within 300 miles on autotrader is an 07 Spec B with 75k miles and they want over $22k. Mine last month cost me $17250 with 55k miles, I had to haggle a bit to get there. I've gotten the impression that these are pretty good cars but we need to be diligent about checking fluids and getting the oil changed at 3750 miles.

One piece of advice if you do get it: don't hang out in the 05-09 specific section for a while, at least until you know that you love the car. It gave me so much stress seeing threads titled "Blown this" and "Seized that" all over. I came from the T4R.org forums for the 4Runner and never saw that stuff so I got scared. Fortunately it seems like all those threads are (mostly) related to cars that are heavily modified, highly boosted, and driven hard!

Wow you got your LGT at a great price! I would pay that amount in a heart beat for an 08 with low miles. I would agree with your assessment on availability though; I've had a hard time finding any manual LGT's with relatively low miles.

Precisely why I asked the reliability question, the 05-09 forum scared the living crap out of me! Especially all the threads about blown turbos. It's a good thing the LGT I will probably get has a warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived