LegacyGT.com

Strong Sway Bar End Links, Cheap Alternative, Moog!

I looked at every performance aftermarket options for sway bar end links. They're all too expensive in my opinion. Lots of great options, but I don't want to spend a small fortune on end links, when I can get an over-engineered unit for a lot less $$$.

So I finally found OE-replacement units on RockAuto.com! Did lots of research on teh interweb, yo. Moog is an OE replacement brand with fantastic reviews. Super strong and over-built. I also looked at Raybestos end links. The Raybestos part number for our front end links is cross-compatible with all sorts of other car makes and models. So these (good) OE-replacement companies design as few one-size fits all products as they can, and make each product super strong just in case, so they don't have to worry about some cars producing far more tension on some end links than others. Raybestos actually makes two levels, Service and Professional. One costs twice as much as the other, as a way to save money for your crappy old car that may well die before you wear out the new end links. Moog makes one level, which appears to be plenty strong, and reasonably priced. Lots of metal where there was plastic on the OE end links.

Moog front:

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/prodimages/MOOG/Moog_K750034_Lg.png

Raybestos Professional rear:

http://info.rockauto.com/getimage/getimage.php?imagekey=1031295&imageurl=http%3A//info.rockauto.com/Spicer/5451319-7.jpg

Both Moog Front and Raybestos Professional Front & Rear have a inside hex nut at the base of the rubber grease seal, so you don't have to use that stupid allen key to hold the stud while you tighten/loosen the lock nut. Moog does also have the allen key as well though, for if you want to make things harder like with the stupid OE design.

MOOG Part # K750034

Frt Susp

$29.79 for 1 $59.58 for 2

RAYBESTOS Part # 5451319 Sway Bar Link Kit; Contents: (1) Link - w/2 Studs; (2) Nuts - Flanged Lock; (2) Washers - Flat Professional Grade; Sway Bar Link

Rear Suspension A

$28.89 for 1 $57.78 for 2

$116 shipped for everything, eBay! ~$100+ SAVED?!?!

Sob story:

My front OEM end links stripped, specifically the allen key hole, stupid design, worn after several removals. My rears are AVO adjustable, clunkers! One day I may again get adjustable rear endlinks for corner balancing the car, but will cross that bridge then! Zipped the front OE lock nuts off with an impact! Thank goodness that worked easy.

Happy shopping, happy savings!

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, wish you had this post up earlier... I had no choice at the time when I stripped my factory nut. I went with ac delco at autozone, which was like $19 each, lifetime warranty. To me it was built all metal, but looked like the moog, only all metal, non-painted like these two are (black). Figured.. worst case I replace them every year with the lifetime warranty :)

I just bought the raysbestos rear links on Saturday since the inner nuts stripped on mine while pulling them off to install my 20mm JDM RSB.

I called around before I drove to carquest to get the links. Advance used to carry Moog, but they don't any longer. Napa has a couple different series, cheap and Napa which was $80 for the pair. I figured I was going to spend $90ish out the door I'd just buy Kartboy. Autozone tried to sell me on their $40/pr endlinks over the phone with their lifetime warranty so I asked the guy if they would be covered if the nut stripped next time they come off. His response "installer error is not covered". He apparently has never removed an endlink from a NY car... I figured the lifetime warranty wasn't really good for anything so I got the $60 Raysbestos professional ones.

I have a thread on the local forum too, but here's a pic I took of the stock and raysbestos professional side by side.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309866524.940289.thumb.jpg.abd95c431b3f15a2b0a99004b7e7d27f.jpg

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

They probably don't even come with any stickers.

I will post up later on whether mine come with stickers! Must represent my ride!

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Mine did not come with stickers...

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Looks like a great alternative!

Now let's find some cheaper strong reinforcement brackets, eh?

I think you just make your own. I've had AutoSpeed brackets on there for a while with a Cobb bar, no bending. Perhaps an angle grinder and an L bracket or thick straight piece, some bolts...

You get what you pay for, prepare for disappointment.

Firstly, that phrase doesn't relate to buying something of poorer or greater quality when you actually look at it lol.

Secondly, it lost its meaning when Apple started producing computers.

Moog is an OE replacement brand with fantastic reviews. Super strong and over-built.

I :wub:Moog.

Replaced the entire worn OEM front suspension assembly in the Durango with Moog parts (and Bilstein HD struts). Those parts will not be replaced again during the service life of this vehicle. In fact, some day, someone is going to strip them out of my truck from a junkyard and put them in another one. 'nuff said

My fronts would have been fine had the allen socket not stripped. If you've been using an impact and PB blaster and proper tools and proper technique, all of which I'm sure apply to you, then perhaps there may never be a problem with them.

You cannot use an impact to get those off. It spins the stud and melts the packing inside, causing them to loosen up. The back ones have a spot to fit a wrench to hold the stud, the fronts do not.

You cannot use an impact to get those off. It spins the stud and melts the packing inside, causing them to loosen up. The back ones have a spot to fit a wrench to hold the stud, the fronts do not.

Good tip.

Once my front one had a stripped allen set hole, it was either impact or cutting tool. Somehow impact zipped the nut right off. It did spin the ball, which we did comment must have destroyed it, though we already had anyways.

These new endlinks have a set nut so no more allen sockets!

He is being sarcastic

Hardly. I am just using the knowledge I have gained by reading these forums :D

More expensive parts are ALWAYS better than cheaper parts. Aftermarket parts are ALWAYS better then stock parts. Domestic brands only make junk.

In this case you have all three together, so these parts must be junk.

I hope no one gets hurt using these :eek:

Archived