LegacyGT.com

Aux in = low left channel sound

vet

Just put an 07 head unit and an 07 console aux in in my 05LGT. When playing my MP3 the left channel has much lower sound level than the right channel. Could incorrect wiring cause this or does some sound coming out of the left channel mean its another issue?

There's a problem with the wiring, jack, or interconnect cable to your MP3 player.

Try the MP3 player and its cable somewhere else -- another car, your computer, etc.

Look for bad connections or shorts in the wires.

Make sure you connected the console aux jack's ground wire to audio ground (pin 5 on the i85 plug), not chassis ground.

There's a problem with the wiring, jack, or interconnect cable to your MP3 player.

Try the MP3 player and its cable somewhere else -- another car, your computer, etc.

Look for bad connections or shorts in the wires.

Make sure you connected the console aux jack's ground wire to audio ground (pin 5 on the i85 plug), not chassis ground.

I used a chassis ground, maybe that's it. Thanks.

Sorry, I should clarify--

The audio ground for the 3.5mm jack should go to the audio ground pin (#5 on the i85 plug).

The wire that supplies ground to the enable switch inside the aux jack (which eventually connects to the 'aux enable input' on pin #6 on the i85 plug) needs to be connected to chassis ground.

Post with 2008 aux jack wiring diagram

Figured i'd post this in here since it kind of on the same line.

When I plug a 3.5mm jack into my iPhone to play music I hav soun in both speakers. But once I plug in the charger I loose sound in the left speakers. Any idea?

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Archived