LegacyGT.com

Ver 1.1 Nav Disc in 07's

So I popped in the new navigation disc version 1.1 for my 06 spec b(ver 1.0) to see if it had more road information in it... Well, it does have a few of the new roads but not many, it still doesnt have my subdivision what-so-ever. Also, on some of the roads it shows that I'm 20-30ft off the road and not actually driving on the road(weird). The maps look have changed just a hair and it doest have more way points. Athough its not worth getting in my opinion, the extra roads it does have a far and few between.

Apparentley, these new maps wont be available to the consumer until January from Kenwood unless you bought an 07- but what sux more is that an even newer updated disc will be out in February or March which is "supposed" to be completley(sp) up to date for 2007...

Oh and just wait to you find out the cost of these upgraded disc's...:(

tHe HoV

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy a Garmin and forget all the crap :icon_mad: or get Microsoft Streets and Trips for $120 and use your laptop as your nav system :icon_mrgr .........The OEM systems are a RIP-OFF.

I use a Garmin C-330 and it is awesome......$400 and free upgrades for life...FTW

NavTech (Kenwood's OEM map data supplier) map updates do not necessarily update every area of the country. The updates are often very regional. It is possible that the DC metro area was affected little on this update while somewhere in suburban Kansas City, the maps may have gone from nonexistant to full featured.

Cliff Notes:

My experience with navigation outside of the subaru OEM system tells me that maps updates are a crap shoot as to whether or not they'll affect your area.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Cliff Notes:

My experience with navigation outside of the subaru OEM system tells me that maps updates are a crap shoot as to whether or not they'll affect your area.

Gee!! You mean they may not up-date areas where there are no changes to be made?? Imagine the cost of these systems if the manufacturers "Re-made" all their maps every few months or year.

When I can add an address hundreds of miles away and the unit takes a few seconds to plot a route.....then takes me to about 20 feet from the front door....I think it is "WELL DONE":wub:

Pretty simple math.....OEM unit for $2000 + $300 for updates.....no portability and no adjustments while you drive.....OR...

Garmin etc. for $400 for a totally portable unit that can be re-programmed on the move and free up-dates for life. Let me think about this for a minute???:lol:

Gee!! You mean they may not up-date areas where there are no changes to be made?? Imagine the cost of these systems if the manufacturers "Re-made" all their maps every few months or year.

Relax Francis. I was referring to the fact that even though new roads were added in your area, or existing roads were not included on a previous version, does not guarantee them being included on the next revision and that the updates tend to occur regionally.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Dude, EVERYONE but you has been complaining about the nav system.

Missing streets, wrong locations, lack of POIs is not acceptable in an expensive factory system.

Sorry, pal, the system works just fine. Why are you always moaning? You're hysterical. :lol:

I am actually dissapointed in the factory system. Do a search, you are the only person who seems satisfied with the nav.

This is relevant, as I have an amazing Magellan 20GB nav right now. I was hoping to get a factory NAV when I upgrade next year to an 08, but based on the MULTITUDE of negative reviews of the system on here, I dont think I will.

Have you checked out Honda/Acura nav systems? They are accurate voice activated things of beauty. There is no reason why Subaru couldnt get something similar together. Especially since they charge the same amount for the nav option.

Maybe where you live the system isnt missing roads, POIs etc. But it seems like others are having these issues.

You are hysterical in your blind devotion to your spec B.

Stop being so ******* sensitive. You are like a little girl.

I like the navi...luckily it has not yet proved to be missing any streets and I am happy with the POI's. But overall compared to the Lexus Nav I had (or the Honda's for that matter) The Subys is a little slow, lacks a few features and it is not the most user friendly one out there. However, I have to agree with Vimy...it does is job and I would not call it a crappy system.

You are hysterical in your blind devotion to your spec B.

You're quite hilariously transparent. Relax, buddy. The Subie OEM NAV/info system works very well. I use it all the time and constantly reprogram it on the fly. Of course, I have always been very into maps and the amazing amount of information they contain. Don't worry your little head over the OEM integrated system.

BTW, did you hear about the systems coming out next year? Wow! Looks like you'll be needing a new unit. As for the Honda systems, I sure they're just fine too. The only problem with them is that they're attached to Hondas. Why don't you get a Honda? They have nice forums as well.

In three years? Well, let's just say you won't believe your eyes. In 4? Words fail me...

I am certain I will believe my eyes..in even in 4.

You think they will ever have weather information intergrated into car Navi systems?

You think they will ever have weather information intergrated into car Navi systems?

Yup. OnStar works by cellular and my GSM phone can access various weather updates via the internet so it's only a matter of time before the techno-weenies who design all of these gadgets figure it out.

Then, there will have to be a disclaimer that since Nav is not 100% accurate the car company is not accountable for faulty weather forecasts etc.. :).

Archived