LegacyGT.com

Jazzy or Leptronix

GotTurboWut

Sound quality should be the same.

I had the Jazzy for a few years and it worked fine. You just have to remember to put the CD on repeat. My only complaint is the head unit mutes the audio for a couple of seconds while it goes back to the start of the disc.

In the end I bought a 2008 head unit from a junk yard for $300. The Jazzy was good, but having a proper aux-in is my choice.

• I Donated
In the end I bought a 2008 head unit from a junk yard for $300. The Jazzy was good, but having a proper aux-in is my choice.

+1. Also, you can get various options for iPod/BT that work with the 07-09 headunits.

Ive got no experience with the Leptonrix, so the same gripe may apply.

With Jazzy's unit, sometimes Im dialing my radio up into the 30s to get the same decibal level from a straight CD i used to keep volume between 15-22. Not a huge deal, but I need to make sure I dial it back before switching to a normal CD.

Ive got no experience with the Leptonrix, so the same gripe may apply.

With Jazzy's unit, sometimes Im dialing my radio up into the 30s to get the same decibal level from a straight CD i used to keep volume between 15-22. Not a huge deal, but I need to make sure I dial it back before switching to a normal CD.

That's not a function of the Jazzy. The headphone output from most portable media players is lower than a typical line-output (which the CD changer is when it feeds the amp section in the head unit).

If you have a ground loop isolator you will have even more loss.

• I Donated
DIN in Cubby option isnt that much more expensive

Aftermarket HU gives wayyyy better sound!

Yeah, but it looks like crap to have a nonfunctional stock stereo and an aftermarket. The way I see it, the two best solutions are the P-204UH or the JDM double-DIN. And the JDM double-DIN is too rich for my blood.

Archived