LegacyGT.com

lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

^So lower front and rear, then raise rear with saggy butt spacers to level out. Seems like what a lot of folks are doing. I was hoping there would be some springs with a close enough spring rate to stock Spec B springs but slightly shorter so that I could just swap out the front springs.

Are STi pinks really close to stock Spec B spring rates? What is the stock Spec B spring rate?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe STI pinks are 257/217, just a small step up from the Spec.B's. hence why they suggest the spacers. Honestly I'd planned on going with Pinks until I realized they don't change the ride much, just the height. I'd prefer a stiffer spring rate and plan to go with Swifts.

Stock metric measurement for Spec.B Spring rate is below, couldn't find much in term of conversion but I know you can find it. If I wasn't at work and didn't have such ridiculous security restrictions I'd have been able to find it easily.

Spec B.............. 12.9mm.. 4.5..... 11.8mm.. 6.625

hey guys so I have a 2006 OBXT and I am looking to drop it. I already got a set of LGT springs and struts. but I heard about using STI pinks I am wondering what year WRX or STI will fit a set of 05 LGT struts?

Will 05 WRX sedan springs fit a Legacy of the same year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was really hoping to go with the Eibach + Stock strut way for my 07 Legacy GT, however it appears that Eibach stopped making the springs. Can anyone recommend something similar?

This car is my DD, I am looking to not lower more than an inch and I want the ride quality as smooth as possible since I will be using this car to take long trips in.

Thanks

I have to add that I have the Epics mounted on Koni adjustable strut inserts for the front an shocks in the rear. The ride is stiff but compliant with them set half way between full firm and full soft. It seems with Epics, Teins, H&Rs or Cobbs the stock struts can't seem to dampen properly for the spring rates of these after market springs. You may hit the bump-stops more often than you'd like. Case-in-point, my son has an '08 LGT that had Cobbs on the stockers. He hit the bump-stops on a regular bases with the terrible roads in the Lehigh Valley of PA. They wore out within 50K and now he has the Konis with the Cobbs. Now he never hits the bump-stops. This may be something to consider. Depending on the mileage of the stock struts you may consider just getting the Koni installed when you change to an aftermarket spring.

Tein H Tech or H&R for just reducing wheel gap. Maybe lowering an inch all around with good ride quality on stock struts? 2008 2.5i sedan

H-techs paired with Koni Yellows

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/15/e2667a56722a4d9dba62bd53b1c07ce4.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/15/6d556b9e24e1d4adb4a79ac759ea79b5.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/15/11768d9fd4e535d306eb230269df0ec5.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/07/cd806d333fc4df89d51f8fca9ccb46d3.jpg

Edited by famaya26

Tein H Tech or H&R for just reducing wheel gap. Maybe lowering an inch all around with good ride quality on stock struts? 2008 2.5i sedan

I need to do the same exact thing for my 2009 2.5i. Anyone have suggestions/advice?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm running STi pinks (on Bilstein HD struts). Here is what the drop looks like:

http://images44.fotki.com/v1467/photos/4/116174/7457166/P1020534-vi.jpg

Sorry to quote very old message, but i am thinking same pink STI springs to my Legacy GT sedan -05. I thinking what model STI Pink springs they need to be? (some impreza model i think?)

How driving comfort after that STI pinks compare to original springs?

Big thanks all who can answer this, after that is easier search right springs there when i know what model sti pinks fit directly on that Bilstrein shocks.

• 3 weeks later...
Finding springs nowadays is an exercise in frustration, I'm finding. I thought the eibachs would have been perfect, but they don't exist. Can't find the Epics, either. H&R and Tein seem to drop too low for me. /sigh

2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP (6MT)

2006 LGT Ltd 5MT OBP Cobb Short Throw Shifter | GS Catless Up Pipe Gone

How do they ride? I want to improve the car's handling, but not get it too harsh. I'm still debating on struts - KYB vs. Koni vs. Bilstein, as well. So many decisions. :p

2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP (6MT)

2006 LGT Ltd 5MT OBP Cobb Short Throw Shifter | GS Catless Up Pipe Gone

Upgrading the rear sway bar will make a noticeable difference in handling more so than springs.

no. upgrading the shock will always have the most effect on handling. that's where all the suspension technology goes.

the sway bar is just cheap for the change it gives, but its an additional spring force that requires more shock dampening to properly control and that makes the suspension less independent.

• 2 weeks later...

i am at a huge debate within myself. I have an option of buying STI Pinks or S Tech Teins. I crushed between the heavy drop from the Teins and or the better road feel from the Pinks. At this moment i am leaning towards the Pinks for the better driving experience.

Any other feed back would be amazing.

Why do some people hate Teins so much?