LegacyGT.com

92 legacy turbo sedan (stock). 80k km

hello everyone! just made an account since I found this 92 legacy turbo (stock, NA version. so I think it is the SOHC 2.2 version) that I am thinking about buying.

I know the previous owner and the car is in perfect condition. only 80k on it and its a 1992 so that's pretty awesome.

He is asking $3700 canadian dollars for it. it looks immaculate and they even had a lot of the parts replaced (I don't have the list of parts on me but I remember it has a new timing belt, brakes, etc..). It's been sitting in a garage for a year since it was the owners father in laws and he passed away over a year ago and they just haven't gotten around to selling it.

This is going to be my first car so I didn't want to spend too much on it, $3700 seems fair to me but I want other peoples opinions as well. It's an automatic which kind of sucks because I wanted my first car to be a manual but oh well, my next one will be :)

I don't have any pics but it basically is a carbon copy of this one that I found on google images.

what do you guys think? good deal? I don't know if I can get him to go any lower.

thanks! :)

Its 22 years old...I think 3700 is a little high.

May be google prices for a 1992 Legacy...

I can't find any prices for a 92 Subaru legacy turbo sedan in my area (van BC Canada). Not many left in the area I guess

I dont know what I should try to haggle him down to. Maybe 3000$? 3250$? He told me he could sell it instantly at 3700 so I don't know

will you be able to get a loan on a car that old?

I have the cash. The price just may be a little high.

That motor alone, in good condition is worth $3700. They're all but bulletproof.

That said, $3700 is a bit high for what it is -- a really old car!

It's nice, but it's not great for a first car, and those old automatics do NOT stand up to any kind of spirited driving. IT WILL DIE ON YOU.

Parts are hard to find, expensive, and generally, it'll be a bust. Your first car needs to be an NA, not a turbo.

Pass, son. That's a good car, but it's not for you.

Archived