LegacyGT.com

can it be done?

lilbrudder

AFIK they are the same units. Unless the 07 has the SAT button witch in that case no! But if it doesn't have the SAT button I don't see why you can't it will be a pita if you do there is a lot of wiring in the stereo so if you do be very careful.

06to 07 was the redesign so it looks diff (not as fitting to the leggy IMO) but 07 got the aux in. If I could use just the stereo part I can pick up An 07 with manual climate control for $50...if it fit that would be an OEM quality aux for cheap.

• I Donated

The auto climate control and the radio are on the same circuit board. There is no way to mix and match when you have auto climate control.

I thought the same thing about the look of the 07+ when I got it. You get used to it. Now the 05-06 one looks less sophisticated to me.

I agree - the first time I saw the 07+ head unit I didn't like it. Now that it's been in my car for a couple of years I almost prefer it.

Because of the functional differences (and the integration of the climate control) there's no way to retain the 05 front panel for the operation of the 07 internal components.

There are a few aux-in solutions available, the Jazzy to name one. I had the Jazzy for my 05 and it worked well for what it was, but I finally decided that I just wanted an "aux" button with no silent CD and replaced the head unit.

Archived