LegacyGT.com

Yo, let's race!

Legend

I haven't been to the dragstrip since last year and I want to go twice this year. I'm looking at 8/18 for sure and sometime in Sept also. It would be nice to get a bunch of LGT's out and make a little meet out of it. A bunch of guys have new turbos and it's time to spin all 4 tires and have a little fun.

Who's in? Come on finse, cryo, squiden, derkahn... all you guys have new setups to play with.

For 8/18:

1) Legend

2) collegemt (06 STi)

3) squiden (he's calling in sick so he can make it)

4) cryo

5) rweezy

6)

7)

8)

9)

And for fun, here is a nostalgic picture of me the first time I went dragracing... in 1986 high school drags.. '69 VW bug fiberglass kit car 2016cc w/ dual webers... ran 16.3 which was pretty damn respectable back then! Didn't go dragracing again until 3 years ago with the LGT!

http://beeez.com/lgt/yellowbug2lo.jpg

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, Wednesday's suck for me. :(

Besides, I'm not really into the drag racing, I prefer to have my fun on a track with curves. :cool:

I do need to get out to Bandimere one of these days - maybe I'll call in sick from work so I can make it to one of these Bandimere nights, but in exchange, I want to see more LGTs out at HPR in September. :) Now that Ross went to the dark side and traded the LGT for a Lotus, I'll have no one to help represent the 4-door family car class on the track. ;)

I am very interested to get out to the track. I have honestly been so lazy just tuning single gear pulls I still have yet to address the shift knock issue which has kept me from going up to the track thus far. I finally have to get under the car and insulate where the ic pipe is hitting and if it still knocks I may have to accept it will always and address the delay in which it adds timing back in to not kill multiple gear timing pulls.I have already gone in and reduced timing in the areas to "test" and it did absolutly nothing. Go ahead and put me on the list to be there on the 18th.

btw legend what kind of dyno numbers were you putting down on your stg 2e as I think I heard you were able to run 13.5s consistantly? just trying to get a reference as the last time I went to the track it was basic cobb stg 2 and quite a few things have changed since then.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

That sucks with the shift knock issue, Dave. Got a log of it? I still get shift knock but I'm not too concerned about it at all. It's been a while since I've looked at it, but I changed some tables to have timing increment back up much quicker than stock so that shift knock doesn't kill me.

I never had dyno with IIe, but enthusiast's 250whp is probably exactly what I was making. My best IIe time was 13.54... I forget the trap..103mph? I only ran that setup one night, I believe and think I was 13.6's except for that single 13.5 run. With FMIC you should be able to do about the same.. 'cept you'll have an extra shift with the 6-speed, won't you?

My '05 LGT

That sucks with the shift knock issue, Dave. Got a log of it? I still get shift knock but I'm not too concerned about it at all. It's been a while since I've looked at it, but I changed some tables to have timing increment back up much quicker than stock so that shift knock doesn't kill me.

I never had dyno with IIe, but enthusiast's 250whp is probably exactly what I was making. My best IIe time was 13.54... I forget the trap..103mph? I only ran that setup one night, I believe and think I was 13.6's except for that single 13.5 run. With FMIC you should be able to do about the same.. 'cept you'll have an extra shift with the 6-speed, won't you?

I Would like to have the 6speed but this thing is already a pig at 3550lb with me in it and a 1/8 tank!

I have quite a few logs on the laptop and every single gear run is perfect but every semi hard shift cause's nasty timing pulled in the next gear. I know its either the ic pipe or the shift knock issue many others have seen but am not really worried about it myself either, just need to work around it to get good timing in all gears at the track.

My last dyno at harveys was 251whp and 300tq by 3200rpms back in april or may. I increased the boost a little since then and played with wgdc and turbo dynamics to be a little more aggressive and it seems to be paying off as my wife has even commented it feels like her old diesel golf down low now and its definatly pulling harder up top since its holding a little more boost a little longer.;)

I am more interested in trap speed than my et, since traps show power and I suck at driving..:lol:

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

Im gonna ask for that day off. Hopefully all my concerns will be dealt with by then. Hey cryo just out of curiosity are you the same dave that lives at the vintage and has the yellow cbr600?

Im gonna ask for that day off. Hopefully all my concerns will be dealt with by then. Hey cryo just out of curiosity are you the same dave that lives at the vintage and has the yellow cbr600?

yup, you have a pm. good to see you made it to the site

legend- seems to be alot of us running around westminster lately:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im not in westminster anymore I moved to arvada but still pretty close. Hopefully theres a good showing it would be cool to finally meet some of you guys and see all the leggys.

If i cant get an oil leak issue fixed by then maybe ill run mine. Its way fun but if you do get a chance to run make sure you run slower than 120 mph or have full leathers, I have found that out the hard way they tend to get pissed otherwise and will boot you from the track for the day.:lol:

Alright I'll update the list. :) I've been a little side-tracked trying to make my LGT slower over the last few days. I'm going to get it emission tested tomorrow at with "stage 3" parts running E85 and Perrin HFC. So I've been de-tuning the car. For my emissions tune I've reverted to stock timing, raised the idle, zero'd out the turbo, run fairly lean AFR's, and slammed the DBW torque table. It's quite domicile and buttery smooth.. like what I imagine a 2.5i to be like. If I pass the visual, I think I've got a good chance.

Updating the list at the top.

My '05 LGT

Hola peeps.

Legend has my old LGT. Obviously I couldn't stay away, so Now I'm back. I'm so stoked to get back into the scene. I wil try to make the meet. revolutions is tuning my car as we speak for stage 2.5. I'm contemplating going FP green.

anyways, its great to be back.

^^ Steve good to hear from ya! Uh-oh if you are going to be there I better make my annual trip to the paintless dent repair man to get it back in the perfect shape I found it in... got a nasty little dent that would piss you off and I don't want to do that. :lol:

So.. what kind (year/mods) of LGT do you have? So you must be going FMIC? FP Green is big power for sure. Would kill on the dragstrip but I'm not sure how much fun around town under 60mph.

And I easily PASSED my emissions test... no factory pipes at all, running E85. :) If anyone is interested in an emissions map PM me. I'd love to duplicate my success.

My '05 LGT

^^ Steve good to hear from ya! Uh-oh if you are going to be there I better make my annual trip to the paintless dent repair man to get it back in the perfect shape I found it in... got a nasty little dent that would piss you off and I don't want to do that. :lol:

So.. what kind (year/mods) of LGT do you have? So you must be going FMIC? FP Green is big power for sure. Would kill on the dragstrip but I'm not sure how much fun around town under 60mph.

And I easily PASSED my emissions test... no factory pipes at all, running E85. :) If anyone is interested in an emissions map PM me. I'd love to duplicate my success.

Thanks John! I'm glad to be back in an LGT! Yep, FMIC, Invidia catless UP, Invidia catted DP, Borla catback, AVO JDM grille, custom STI front bumper, BC coilovers, Cobb short throw shifter.

I'll try to get some pics up once it gets back from being tuned. It made 280/330 on the east coast, so I'm expecting a little less here with our wonderful 91 octane. :rolleyes:

Yah, I'll be doing some research on turbos...I had the HTA68 in my Saabaru, and liked that one.

So I just noticed 8/18 is a Wednesday...is this a night drag? Or are all you guys taking the day off work? I have to work during the day, but if its at night, I'll try to make it.

So I just noticed 8/18 is a Wednesday...is this a night drag? Or are all you guys taking the day off work? I have to work during the day, but if its at night, I'll try to make it.

Nevermind...I just checked the website.

CSP “Take it to the Track" Night

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gates Open: 4:00 pm

First Run: 4:30 pm

Spectator Tickets:

Adult GA: $10

Child (12 & Under): Free

Participant Tickets:

Racer: $30

Archived