LegacyGT.com

Bolt up turbocharger upgrade - Vol-2

What a PITA :nono:. Yesterday i was doing the Bnr turbo install and 2 things happened, the inlet hose broke an the vacuum lines at the turbo are larger than the hoses in the car. Please give me some recommendations on a good inlet hose Perrin,avo,Ect. and what do i do with the vacuum lines? :spin:

Here are some pics of the vf40 rattle, Wastegate Failure. :confused:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208422&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1431279411 http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208423&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1431279411

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the Perrin one... good fit and quality. The vacuum hoses... warm them in hot water and try again to cram them over the nipples.

The wastegates on the VF-40 do tend to do that. The roll pin fails and the whole spindle moves out of place and jams. How is the shaft play?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I use the Perrin one... good fit and quality. The vacuum hoses... warm them in hot water and try again to cram them over the nipples.

The wastegates on the VF-40 do tend to do that. The roll pin fails and the whole spindle moves out of place and jams. How is the shaft play?

NO shaft play, calling msprank for the Perrin.

:nono:Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk. :soap_box:

Not the vacuum line, I ordered some from Amazon. Turbo went in yesterday and I have a coolant leak at the turbo some were. Gonna have to pull that bitch out again. And don't get me started on the Perrin inlet hose. :soap_box::soap_box::soap_box:

Hey M Sprank what's up with that spoolinator? We're you testing it on a LGT and if so how was the fitment? I've got a FMIC so mostly I'm just concerned about the DP and 3" inlet tube fitment. Any more info you can provide on your setup? Killer-B told me they weren't aware of anyone who was using it on a LGT, so that made me nervous, as I don't want to be the guinea pig!

Thinking I really like the dyno graphs you posted. I'd like to know which turbo you went with? I've seen some graphs from Killer-B posted on nasioc for the GTX3067R and they had great spool-up. Thinking I may want a touch more power so I might go with the GTX3071R, but I'm not sure how much that will push peak boost to the right.

I have not yet tested on an LGT. Plan (was) to use my SpecB to test, but it is far from road worthy.

We have the kit on a 06 STi. I do not foresee fitment issues on an LGT. Not once the air pump system is deleted and the bel housing is modded (slight grinding for clearance).

Spool comes on FAST. With a GTX3071 I would anticipate 20+ psi by 2800rpm. Awesome thing about the spoolinator kit is that you dont really move the power band to the right, you just make it wider, like 3000rpm to redline.

• 4 weeks later...
Yesterday I took everything apart tmic, dp, Turbo, uppipe, uppipe studs, EBCS. Today After a beautiful day working on and under the car, I'm again disappointed. The 16g turbo from BNR is leaking coolant. Installed new oil return hose, new coolant bolts with washers, new bottom coolant hose, 3 new flange bolts, GS EBCS with 1/4" and 3/8" adaptors and 2 tees from Turkeylord with new silicone hoses, 3/8" hose, New down pipe to catback bolts. WTF

• I Donated
Yesterday I took everything apart tmic, dp, Turbo, uppipe, uppipe studs, EBCS. Today After a beautiful day working on and under the car, I'm again disappointed. The 16g turbo from BNR is leaking coolant. Installed new oil return hose, new coolant bolts with washers, new bottom coolant hose, 3 new flange bolts, GS EBCS with 1/4" and 3/8" adaptors and 2 tees from Turkeylord with new silicone hoses, 3/8" hose, New down pipe to catback bolts. WTF

So you replaced the washers on the coolant banjo bolts? Do you have a washer between the CHRA and the line and between the line and bolt head on each banjo? Did you torque the banjo bolts down properly? The only place CHRAs are likely to leak coolant is at the actual inlet and outlet banjo locations.