LegacyGT.com

Audiovox FM modulator hidden switch pic

morrias

Ok,

I got my audiovox FM modulator all installed, and today just went back and hid the switch in the ashtray plastic. I had to cut the lever on the switch down, grind the back of the switch a bit, and carefully tighten it all in. The end result is a very well hidden, somewhat difficult location to use the on/off switch. I plan to convert it to a black pushbutton. I'll have to take picks of the backside, but here's a up close shot of what it looks like.

switch.JPG.66fd9847e6fc111bfe00df7406e88455.JPG

Thanks! As soon as the other guys finish up the line-in PCB and things, I'll use that location for a line-in selector for that system. Man, I'm sure glad I put that FM mod in there, I had an emergency 8 hour drive to fix my parents broken mitsu eclipse, and the iPod was a livesaver!

nice place to hide it. Need to put ina na FM modulator on mine. How's the sound quality on the audiovox?

[edit] who is working ona line in PCB? and are we talking something for the head unit or for integrating the stock head unit with a second head unit?

The sound quality on the audiovox is actually pretty good! Better than the other stuff I've tried so far. The line-in pcb is mvigneau in the ipod thread at the top. It's for using the stock headunit as a line-in source.

Nice job morrias.

What do you think of the audiovox unit? My brother likes his.

He has mentioned that sometimes when he turns the car on there is static from the radio, but goes away when he flips the FM mod switch on and off again.

Nice work. I agree a push-button switch would look and function better.

I think I asked a related question on another topic, but is the volume level from the iPod dock loud enough when going through the Audiovox? Do you need to crank up the volume on the HU higher than, say, a CD?

Ken

• 3 weeks later...
I used this modulator for my xm install and all seems well except for the high pitch noise I get from the xm music. I only notice it with vocals and not with the music itself. It a real high pitch noise that is there but not extremely loud, just loud enough to make it annoying to me. Also if I turn the stereo up way loud the xm sound starts to crackle. What could these problems be and should I try the JVC modulator instead? Thanks

Archived