LegacyGT.com

sick of waiting for ACT flywheel, are there other options that work?

derp

Hey guys,

I ordered an ACT HDSS clutch and streetlight (600480) flywheel about two months ago. We were sent the wrong flywheel, and now no one has them in stock and no one including ACT knows when more will be available.

My question is, are there other flywheel options that work with this clutch? Or am I stuck waiting for god know how much longer?

Thanks.

I could suck start a snow blower.

because that is the direction i chose to go, i wanted to ditch the dual mass. Mine is a 2005 gt. Will the 06 wrx flywheel work with the hdss clutch for the 05gt?

You should've done some more research prior to ordering. The streetlite flywheel is a lightweight flywheel. It can introduce chatter into your car. If your car is a daily driver, you shouldn't have ordered that unless you really wanted specifically a lightweight flywheel for the improved response.

Yes, the 06 WRX+ single mass flywheel works fine, but it's heavier than the streetlite by a good amount. I have the 06+ WRX flywheel with the ACT clutch.

Here's a thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/act-clutch-and-wrx-fw-part-numbersi-84201.html

You should also strongly consider getting a TSK3 (another $150 or so) for protection.

I am aware that it is a lightweight, and the wagon is no longer my daily driver. I know there will be more chatter than stock but it can't be any worse than my old a4 with the stage 3 in it, and it won't be as bad as my buddy's 6 puck in his evo. I read and read and decided on the hdss and streetlight, but at this point I am sick of waiting. If an 07 wrx flywheel will work with the clutch I have waiting to go into the car, that is probably the route I will take.

No one has the streetlite on them? Did you check with FredBeansParts or another forum vendor? I like FBP, all around great guys, excellent service, and they'll make sure that whatever you get fits. Check their site, maybe there's another LWFW option available if that's really the route you want to go.

I have had great luck with the ACT streetlite and HD clutch kit. I put it in about 45k miles ago and it still feels great with minimal chatter. The only thing I would change is the heavy pedal.

Anyway, PM vendors. FredBeans had the kit in stock. I went and picked it up that day. They are great guys.

Archived