LegacyGT.com

DIY grill help & foam part ontop of spare tire

Precise

hey everyone,

I really wanted to get the RBS grill, but I figured I would try to DIY my own grill first and see how it turns out (if it turns out good, i just saved myself $$$$). I never used bondo filler and screen mesh and sand paper before, but I'm motivated to do so. If there is anyone in the Long Island/Queens/NYC area that might have some experience with this, I'd rather not do it alone. Once I fill in all the holes on the girll after dremeling, I would have to get it primered and painted (may have to get a body shop involved). So if anyone wants to help a chap such as myself, I would greatly appreciate any aid....

And lastly, when I installed my audio system, I hacked up that foam storage compartment that goes on top of the spare tire and now i that i've taken the system out, I need that piece (my trunk keeps sinking in everytime i put something in it). Does anyone have that piece that I can pick up from them for cheap?

Thanks again!

cheers,

precise

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'm not a bodywork guy either- less bondo=better. I took my time and was very careful and mine is still wavy. I wonder if I should have gotten the RBS one, but I feel good in having saved 300 bucks.

I'm not a bodywork guy either- less bondo=better. I took my time and was very careful and mine is still wavy. I wonder if I should have gotten the RBS one, but I feel good in having saved 300 bucks.

Who would really notice the waves in the finish? Is it that noticable?

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Guest *Jedimaster*
Who would really notice the waves in the finish? Is it that noticable?

Yeah, it's gonna have to be redone. I think the bondo is actually sitting lower than when I first put it on- weird.

I am going to be doing my grille mod in a week or two. I will let you know how it comes out and I will let you know when I am going to do it if you want to stop by. PM me your email and I will give you a shout. Tucker

Archived