LegacyGT.com

Equivalent Bridgestone tire to Eagle F1 GS-D3 ?

ctown

Any one care to suggest a 225/40 18 tire, I am really interested in the Eagle F1 GS-D3 tire but for logistic reasons I am looking at Bridgestone. I am going to get the dealer I am working with (in Seattle) to price both the Goodyear and a Bridgestone. He carries Bridgestone, so I can likely get the best price on them. I know that Tirerack has a deal on the Eagle F1 GS-D3, but I am not to exited about what it might involve getting them up to Canada.

For price comparison I was quoted $1800 CDN for the Eagle F1 GS-D3 locally. That is $1580 US. This price includes the installation, balancing etc.

Sweet Jesus! I paid $130/tire (GS-D3, stock size) and $50 tire for mounting and balancing. Sometimes i would like to live in Canada then i read something like this and decide to stay here after i retire. $1500+??!! WOW!!

i have the goodyears 225/40x18, outstanding dry and wet grip, quite tire, good ride, very happy with them, wow can't believe that price, did not realize things were that much in canada, i paid $183.00 @ at Discount Tire, bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

As Pat said depends on what you are loking for....

I have owned both the F1's & the S-03's.

Between those 2 the S-03's will handle better...until it starts to rain;)

You will get ALOT more mileage out of the F1's though.

Niether tire is what you would call ultra quiet but the nod would have to go to the F1.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

wukindada, good info. All get the price on both the F1's and the S-03's. Given the replacement cost's here the F1's are sounding better, regardless of price diff.

jj, love living here, prices on some things are a bit skewed when you compare to US prices. That why I am going to also buy the car to put the tires on in Seattle, a Legacy GT. Other things I find I pay the same in Canadian $ what I would pay in US dollars.

ctown

Archived