LegacyGT.com

Might be buying sooner then I thought...

ACK88

So I hit some thick ice driving up north a few days ago. Car is being looked at through the insurance company but it sounds like it might get totaled... not 100% yet.

Anyways since I don't have a car now I figured the best thing to do is look at them on the internet. I came across a posting on craigslist (say what you will about it). I'm waiting to get some more info/pictures back from the seller but here is the ad.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/3720752417.html

Let me know what you think/what I should look out for... thanks.

The body shop said it was just under $5,000 of damage, and I can't figure my impreza worth much more then that. I figure either way I should have enough to cover it and get some maintenance done (depending on what I hear back)

Check the rear subframe for rot. Oil for coolant, coolant for oil, external headgasket leaks. Cant speak to 4EAT. Would also want history of timing belt maintnence.

I've looked at a couple Legacy's and a couple Foresters. Not sold on either... I'm 6'4 so I want something a little bigger. Also looked at a Honda CR-V, Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota 4Runner

I'm starting to think I'll have to pick two out of three options: low mileage, manual, or price... can't seem to find a single car in all three.

Archived