LegacyGT.com

New

bench400

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I previously leased a 2006 legacy GT for three years and then leased a 2010 legacy 3.6 limited. I gave it back and just purchased a 2009 legacy GT, back to my original love.

A few questions:

1) The car doesn't have bluetooth. Is there any easy and inexpensive suggestions for a fix, or should I just purchase a plug in for the power outlet?

2) The car has no backup camera. Same question as to resolving the issue.

3) Does it make sense to spend $400 to update the GPS disks for whatever are the most recent version? Or are the current ones (essentially 2007 data) fine?

4) My 2006 legacy gt never really had good brakes. The 2009 is better, but not great. The brakes on the 2010 were better. Should I ever consider upgrading to better aftermarket brakes?

Thanks.

Michael

Wrong forum, but I'll answer a couple of the questions.

I bought a Tom Tom for $180.00 and get free life time updates and it's portable I can use it in any car.

It's easier to use also.

Contact Mike at http://www.AZPinstalls.com about brakes. I have Hawk HPS pads on my Spec B, very dusty. I have Hawk Ceramic's with DBA4000 slotted on my wagon, very little dust.

Check the audio forum for the other questions.

IMO the back camera is not worth it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Bluetooth, I just put it on speaker, cost: free

Nav, use a gps or map or know where your going, cost: free- $200+

Back up camera: lol, walk around before you back up, cost: free

Brakes, hawk pads or similiar or the brake master cylinder brace, cost: $50-$150

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just helping you save some $ and answer your ?s

Congrats on your new 09 lgt

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I previously leased a 2006 legacy GT for three years and then leased a 2010 legacy 3.6 limited. I gave it back and just purchased a 2009 legacy GT, back to my original love.

A few questions:

1) The car doesn't have bluetooth. Is there any easy and inexpensive suggestions for a fix, or should I just purchase a plug in for the power outlet?

2) The car has no backup camera. Same question as to resolving the issue.

3) Does it make sense to spend $400 to update the GPS disks for whatever are the most recent version? Or are the current ones (essentially 2007 data) fine?

4) My 2006 legacy gt never really had good brakes. The 2009 is better, but not great. The brakes on the 2010 were better. Should I ever consider upgrading to better aftermarket brakes?

Thanks.

Michael

This is the wrong forum, but I'm sure you made a mistake.

1 and 2 have two answers:

First answer - If you are going to keep the stock radio/head unit, then there is no easy back up camera I know of and the cheapest bluetooth option is going to be one of the ones that broadcast to a blank FM station etc. I 've heard that these have crappy quality though.

Second answer - If you are going to get a new radio, then you have a number of options that can be helpful. I really liked a pioneed system because of all the additional accessories that could be incorporated (bluetooth, backup camera, satelite radio etc.) This is a great solution, but not cheap at all. The good news is that you can take everything with you, when you sell.

3. Hawk HPS pads are GREAT! Dusty, but very good. If you can give up some cleanliness of rims, I would highly suggest them. For a little more money, you can also get some better rotors. DBA makes great ones. They are more expensive, but they are far cheaper than a BBK like brembo's or stoptech.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Archived