LegacyGT.com

Toyota's Outback Fighter...

cwmiller

I'll let you know what it's like when we get one on the lot.I like the 3.5,but they have yet to match it with anything worth a damn -other than the IS 350.Not a fan on the center mounted shifter and toyota doesn't offer a manual anything with the 3.5V6.Not a fan of the 6EAT-it's a lot like First Gen 5EAT,slow to shift and not crisp at all.

Sounds like new Legacy and out back are growing soon, closer to this size. I am thinking dodge magnum size for the toyota. Not to sure how well this will sell for them. Has that crappy AWD 100% FWD till the fronts slip, then 50/50.

Sounds like new Legacy and out back are growing soon, closer to this size. I am thinking dodge magnum size for the toyota. Not to sure how well this will sell for them. Has that crappy AWD 100% FWD till the fronts slip, then 50/50.

It's not even that good. A buddy and I were in Michigan for work and had a Highlander rental car. He lost it in some snow going 10 mph in a Burger King parking lot and put the right front wheel over a packed snowbank. Keep in mind, three wheels were still on the ground. The front right tire just spun in the air and there was no torque at all to the other three tires.

LAME!

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

that is b/c of the late 80's early 90's..... that ruined the wagons image.... hahaha

just like how the mid 90's on was the soccer-mom vans, and now it is the SUV era cause the husband don't want to be caught dead in a mini-van now and moms think a 3 ton roll piece of steel will make it so their kids won't die in a accident, just whoever they hit will.....

True.Alot of women don't want the "matronly"mini-van becuase if makes to feel older or less hip.Guy I work with bought his wife an Excursion V10,to balance out her age issues and his size issues.

It is amazing to see stupid things people do just so others do not think about them as "unhip". People are unsecure.

It's funny especially that people here value individualism - but they understand individualism only as being self-reliant - which is a strange meaning of individualism to me, but apparently valid in English. I understand individualism as being different and original.

It depends on the context of individualism.

Being individualistic in the practical aspects of your life, like your finances, can very much mean self-reliance. Being self-contained, or untethered and unhindered by others, like not being indebted.

But in aspects such as fashion, or entertainment, or other subjective issues, it can mean being different and/or original. Wearing different clothes, hair-styles, tattoos, piercings, listening to different music, or different activities.

It all depends on the context.

But I notice that people claim to want to be individuals, and want to be treated as special, and unique, and even think that may be a claim to fame. But most of the time, they are quite conformist, to what they think will gain them the treatment, or even the fame they seem to seek. Very little about such superficial behaviors strike me as unique or special. Actually, it tends to lead to pronounced narcissism, and self-adulation/egotism, or self-loathing, depending on their sense of favor for the person in the mirror.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I am all that unique or special, beyond the very specific uniqueness that everyone inherently has. (my nose is different than other peoples', or I am taller than some folks, sorts of unique)

But I don't think I need to be treated specially, uniquely, and I would rather not be famous, actually. Maybe that makes me unique... Or maybe it makes me completely average and mundane, which I am strangely comfortable with. Or maybe not-so-strangely comfortable.

And around, and around it goes... :D

Archived