LegacyGT.com

Goodbuy Leggy Hello Crosstrek

gotsflat4love

Well the stage 2 legacy blew the radiator pretty good. I needed a 100k tune up. It was time for something different and really slow. I am a total noob at posting pics so I attached links to my drop box. The Silver Bullet will be missed, but I had to make a change. Overall impressions, really nice ride, nice to have blu tooth, aux input and plays my ipod. Overall really happy with purchase.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x75vu81t8seesae/IMG_20121121_082630.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tacfsglytsmz4jt/IMG_20121121_082647.jpg

The wheels may throw a lot of people off, but when you see it in person, they work. They look really good.

The Leggy had a good ride. It was just gonna need a lot of TLC to get it happy. I will hang around here because I still have love for the Legacys. It was just time to move on.

The wheels may throw a lot of people off, but when you see it in person, they work. They look really good.

The Leggy had a good ride. It was just gonna need a lot of TLC to get it happy. I will hang around here because I still have love for the Legacys. It was just time to move on.

Hey, I can got the hook up on parts for your new car if you need them. LOL The more I see the new Impreza hatch/wagon the more I like it. I just wish it had a turbo and maybe I would add it to the family. But, I'm still at only 62k on my '05 so I'm in no hurry. Enjoy your car.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I have seen pics of the forester and at first glance didn't really like it, but the more i stare at it I like it. Luckily i am not married currently and no kids. Yeah, I know I got it good, but marriage and kids are in the future so there was a little planning in the mini SUV. After a week with the car, I love it. High and slow. Great gas mileage compared to the leggy and it has blu tooth... gosh welcome to 2012 right.

• 7 months later...

Sorry for reviving this thread, but I am also parting ways w my Obsidian Black 05 Legacy GT MT today for the XV Limited.

Recently married and will probably have kids.

Safe and Space are the new Sexy......?

OP, where is a strong XV forum community?

Sorry for reviving this thread, but I am also parting ways w my Obsidian Black 05 Legacy GT MT today for the XV Limited.

You should consider a new fxt. My wife loves hers. Fun to drive when she let's me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Well I have had this now for 8 months. The only thing I cannot stand is the CVT transmission. It struggles to find a shift point. So the car is a slug, but super slow with the CVT. I mean it helps out on gas mileage, but it is something to get used to. The back seat is nice. I have had multiple people sit in the back and never complain. I am 6'3" and have had people behind me. Never a complaint. It's also built solid.

The new Foresters have CVT too. I would love the Forester. I work next to Renick Subaru and check them out often. They are HUGE compared to the older ones, but they also carry a higher price tag. I mean you can get the base model, but it looks like a Rav 4. The turbo one would be the only way to go if you can swing the payment.

I will one day have another turbo Subaru, but I do love this car. I always wanted a hatch, but the normal Impreza hatch was to low to the ground. Wanting something I didn't have to bend down to get in.

http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/ is the best bet. Most of them are Aussies becuase it seems like they love them over there and got them months before we did. The forum is pretty slow. Nothing like here. Seems like the age group is much older but it is cool to check out once in a while.

Can't really mod these cars too much. I would love to see these things with some huge tires on it to see what it would look like, but no one has done it yet.

I think a XV with the 2.0DIT would be fun as hell. :)

Agreed! I'd get one, I'd miss my manual, but the 2.0DIT works very well with the CVT. Crazy smooth and power all the time. It does take a little to get used to and manually shifting is available, but not the same as a true manual, but I think this combo is hugely under rated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived