LegacyGT.com

305 for tints?

Going to get my car tinted tomarrow, hes asking 265 if the antenna is not in the windshield which i believe it is because i dont see one and 305 if it is in the windshield, i understand its technically 7 windows since i guess thats what they go by but damn 305, let me know what you guys think, thanks.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

antenna in the window??? haha I think your getting yanked. Just because they are telling you that it costs 305 to tint a car. They are insane and if you dont get your tint job priced somewhere else I would say your insane also.

Look for someone doing a special. I got mine for $110

I got mine tinted for about 100 bucks, I don't really remember, it was a while ago, but nowhere near 305. The antenna shouldn't matter at all.

My buddy now owns a shop that just does tint around here and they only charge around 105 for his job.

You're gettin ripped man, don't let that guy touch your car.

their called putnam window tint, they got a good reputation...i just couldnt see it being that much...he said because it was the antanna in the glass hed have to use special tint, which i think is true if they use metallic tint rather than the dye-metallic but i dont know much about it...

I'm pretty sure a heavier metallic tint will be much cheaper than other tint. More metallic tint will have an adverse affect with radar detectors - i have 17% carbon-based black tint, and I paid 400 for it with lifetime warranty ( got both fronts replaced for free during the winter time as well when a snowboard gave the tint a small 'slice'). the carbon tint is pretty badass, no screwing up your radar, UV light blocked while other light is let in... I love it.

the average around here is about 225-250 for regular metallic-based tints.

you get what you pay for - someone asking 100 bucks for all-around i'd be a little sketchy if they weren't a friend. Sure 100 bucks for tint, but we'll see what it looks like in a year when it bubbles and fades to purple ;)

brian

keep in mind i live in ny? were used to being ripped off here lol

:lol::lol::lol:

that's still too much bro. I paid like $250 to get my wagon done. Go down to the bronx or something man you'll get it cheaper

keep in mind that if you go below the legal percentage tints usually get more expensive as well as the shop can get in trouble. my extra .02

your extra .02 is worthless :p:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There's no extra charge for illegal tints here dude the shops dont care. It's your problem not theirs.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Tint man in Monroe CT quoted me 180 for 35% tint 7 windows (the little windows in the back, rear window, and 4 door windows) they give lifetime guarentee on all windows. But i dont know if that is average or not

ok i cancelled my 305 dollor tint job, i found one for 220, just he might not do illegal...the guy i talked to isnt the guy who does it i have to call him tomarrow and find out if hell go down to 15%...ill sign a waver i dont care...aso anyone have 15% on there car with the factory tints? i always loved having 15% on my cars but now the factory tint i guess will magnify it but idk how much...i usually do 5% in back window and 15% all around what do you guys think?

Archived