LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a guy where I live on a local forum who does awesome subaru work. Does timing belts for something like $90 in labor, you supply parts. There's gotta be someone on the forum near you who'll help you out.

There's a guy where I live on a local forum who does awesome subaru work. Does timing belts for something like $90 in labor, you supply parts. There's gotta be someone on the forum near you who'll help you out.

I wish that were so. there's a local subaru mechanic that only works on subaru's in my town but he'll probably charge just a bit less than the dealership unfortunately. He's a really good guy and my dad had him do the required maintenance after we bought the car. (front brakes- pads, rotors, etc.) I would definately not hesitate to have him do it vs. the subaru dealership but cant until i get the money which could be a few months.

subaru santa???

I'd definitely go to that guy instead of the dealer!! Independent subaru gurus always do better work than dealers. I'd do the belt for you for a wicked steal... But I don't live near you...

oh ya, for sure. haha, that would definately be a steal! My school is very fortunate to have an actual shop and an entire automotive course for credit. we have two lifts and work on minor stuff like oil changes, wheel bearings, replace tires, fuel filters, mufflers, check spark plugs for defects, compression testing, etc. my shop teacher said we would be able to do it if there isnt any "special" parts required but i'm pretty hesitant to do it. especially since i've heard the timing belt on this car is quite difficult to replace any very time consuming so...

Edited by charmzdub

230 000 km on my 97 GT sedan, but that all shes got I suspect. Smell of gas lead to finding the fuel tank is cracked half way down. 15 canadian winters has all the bolts on the rear diff rusted up pretty good, so its a "blank check" issue to get it fixed. Time to retire her.

Besides, I have kids now, so a newer wagon is looking good:redface:

but that all shes got I suspect. Smell of gas lead to finding the fuel tank is cracked half way down. 15 canadian winters has all the bolts on the rear diff rusted up pretty good, so its a "blank check" issue to get it fixed. Time to retire her.

dentist palm harbor

dentist tampa fl

oh ya, for sure. haha, that would definately be a steal! My school is very fortunate to have an actual shop and an entire automotive course for credit. we have two lifts and work on minor stuff like oil changes, wheel bearings, replace tires, fuel filters, mufflers, check spark plugs for defects, compression testing, etc. my shop teacher said we would be able to do it if there isnt any "special" parts required but i'm pretty hesitant to do it. especially since i've heard the timing belt on this car is quite difficult to replace any very time consuming so...

I am in milwaukee and have the tools to do the job if you want. I would make you work a little though lol, plus it would cut the time. I have done 2 of these timing belts now. There is no really hard part, just time consuming because you have to take radiators and belts off to make room. It takes about 4-6 hours total.

I am in milwaukee and have the tools to do the job if you want. I would make you work a little though lol, plus it would cut the time. I have done 2 of these timing belts now. There is no really hard part, just time consuming because you have to take radiators and belts off to make room. It takes about 4-6 hours total.

I will certainly consider your offer. I'll keep you updated if and when I can get the money and time. probably not till spring though. I really appreciate it.

picked up a 94 Legacy L sedan 5MT for $375. Fixed a few things, put about the same amount back into it, including tires, runs like a champ and only has 140K miles. Nothing like my 06 LGT, but does awesome in the snow and runs great.

picked up a 94 Legacy L sedan 5MT for $375. Fixed a few things, put about the same amount back into it, including tires, runs like a champ and only has 140K miles. Nothing like my 06 LGT, but does awesome in the snow and runs great.

Nice! Love the first gens... That's pretty low mileage. Very reliable motor.

• 2 weeks later...