LegacyGT.com

Lets hear some from 2.5i owners~(in the market to buy)

All I see is GT owners. But Iam not seeing much of regular legacy's.

Iam now in the market to buy a new car. Ive posted here about the 06legacy before, but now time passed(wasnt able to get it cause of some reasons). Iam still thinking of either 06 or 07.

I checked out fitzmall.com online and they seem to have good deals. You can get like a 07 2.5i limited for around 24k or so.

How would you guys compare between the GT and the regular legacys?

I would like to have those rush of speed time to time, but i guess its okay not having it.

Iam used to driving the 02 altima and that has a pretty good rush to it. How would it compare to the legacy? GT or regular 2.5i

I have heard that accord and camrys are out of the question when compared to legacy. So i wont ask anything to do with them.

Common all you suburu loving legacy owners, show some support.

Also, tips on what to do in the dealer will be appreciated too.(I will go with fitzmall if they are the only one with good deals.)

Thanks!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have own both a 05 GT and a 07 2.5i.

The 05 was a 5 speed and a blast to drive! Down side was the fake wood, and no aux in radio.

The 2.5i is not as fast, but still fun. I have also owned a 03 Altima. I like the 2.5i way better than the Altima. Altima always felt like a boat, and the wheelspin if you decided to step on it on launch was not that great. Interior on the Altima was as cheap as it could get.

I love my new 2.5i. The wood looks right to me now, and the AUX input is great. I have a limited version, so I don't have to miss the leather and sunroof since I have that now. It is peppy enough, but nothing to push you back into your seat. Overall I am happy with the 2.5i, but my next car will be another manual with a turbo.

You can't go wrong with the 2.5i though. I use strictly 87 gas, and it has never complained.

Hope it helps somehow.

X

---

I don't mind my 2.5. Coming from a sports car, its noticeably less torque, but I'm not looking for performance. Its a great commuter car, rides nice, good on gas, handles like a dream. If you aren't planning on doing any performance mods, and just want a daily driver, its a good choice. Don't buy the 2.5i, and then ask what you can do to make it faster, because...well there isn't much, and there never will be.

I'd hope you can get a better deal than 24k, though.

Well you can always check out the NA section on this board. But comparing the difference between the two. we get this alot. It would be nice to have a GT dont get me wrong. but it wasnt in my budget in the time. If you can afford the GT do it. simple as that. The list can be endless as far as performace modifications goes. some will work with the NA's but not all. I can go on forever but the best bet is to go the the NA section and just start reading. You will find alot more information to read than you will know what to do. Only you know what you want and what your wanting to do with your car. If your just wanting a vehicle to go back and forth to work with or you want a little daily driver that you can hot rod.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Guest subiecity
how could u not hear of me...im infamous on this site ,,,, im the only godaam 2.5i owner who blew a shit load of dough on my car....hi my name is joe, i have an addiction .... please help haha i dont care what anyone says i have a blst with my 2.5i it looks nice it rides great, its abeautful everday diver.......turbos are great, but its not really needed unless u really wanna go fast and race and all that fancy jazz

you got ripped man, my 07 2.5i limited was around $24,500 i think (I didnt buy it though). I love my car, wish my parents would have gotten the GT though, it sucks not having the power and options of performance mods...:( , BUT i still love it, it handles amazing, looks spectacular (if you get a 07 check out DGM its gorgeous), you can still do suspension mods, the problem i have is that off the line it sucks at picking up and going, but once you do get up to speed it picks up pretty well, enjoy

Guest subiecity

you got ripped man, my 07 2.5i limited was around $24,500 i think (I didnt buy it though). I love my car, wish my parents would have gotten the GT though, it sucks not having the power and options of performance mods...
:(
, BUT i still love it, it handles amazing, looks spectacular (if you get a 07 check out DGM its gorgeous), you can still do suspension mods, the problem i have is that off the line it sucks at picking up and going, but once you do get up to speed it picks up pretty well, enjoy

na not really im covered up to 200k miles...i got vin etching the 1 inch wheels, and sum other shit i probably dont need, i needed a good reliable car at the time nothing crzzy so the 2.5i was great and knoing no matter what breaks i coverd for quite sum time....lookslike i wont be looking for a new car for another hmmm 35 yrs or so

Guest subiecity
im covered for 200k with total vin etching and sum other bullcrap ...anyone else kno wtf mine was 6k?

i have an 07 i use for my work/dd. its great. i was using my 91 sentra but got broken into and now im sellin it. it has plenty of room and power for everyday driving. i did test drive an 06 altima and 07 impreza and decided on the legacy after the first test drive. its roomy for all my tools and for my 2 boys. it has been great the past few weeks when we had a snow and ice storm pass through. no problems gettin anywhere. hope this helps any.

I have an 05 2.5i wagon. Got it for a shade under 20k with 5 miles on the clock new. It now has 15k, no issues except for the stupid rattling dash and soccer Moms trying to mate their SUV's with the rear of my poor car :(

The car is a daily driver and has been stupid reliable! :) Accelerates of the line well especially in manual mode. Its fun to go into corners fast and watch the front wheel drive car behind you slow down as their car understeers. The suspension is medium/soft but the AWD almost negates it...almost. The Europeans must love this car on the Autobahn because it seems very at home on the highway and has no problem pushing up past 80.

Only negatives are better/wider tires and a little more stiffness in the roll on corners. All can be fixed in the aftermarket ;)

Great everyday car. The Big Three wish they can build something this solid.

I have a 2006 2.5i

Pros:

-Ride

-tight suspension and on center steering

-slick shifter

-awd grip

-better mpg then the turbo version

-great seats

-fantastic brakes

-nice deep flat four sound

-enought power to be fun

Cons:

- Smallish trunk

- No fold down rear seat(sedan)

-lack of aux outputs on the radio.

Alex

A good DD. Don't have acceleration issues but, I don't try to run with Audi's, BMW's and the like. Never had a problem merging onto the high way or, passing while at speed.

I did kick a@@ on a bus the other day.

Dude...how does your ass feel?

Most of us got GTs in the 25-26K range before taxes.:lol:

that dude just can't win; i almost feel sorry for him because of the reaming he got by the dealer.......sucks to be him.....

He did get reamed LARGE, I got my 05 gt wagon fr 23 something.

BOT,,I own both,my GT is stage 2 with a protune and many suspension mods which is plenty fast fr me ,even after owning a highly modded STi.My wife and I enjoy long rides in the country,vacations down south and hauling our two dogs around in the wagon

MY wife and I mainly drive the 2.5i Ltd. sedan as a daily driver, grocery getter,and couldn't be happier with it,great mileage,a little perky fr an NA engine,great in the snow,sunroof,leather etc etc .

Neither car has had a bit of trouble from day one,,btw the 2.5i has 32,000 miles on.Just keep oil in them and they will run forever:icon_cool

Archived