LegacyGT.com

Stuttering Acceleration with No CEL, Puzzle of the day?

2007 LGT, 5 spd.

I have had stuttering acceleration for over 2 months.

Between 1500-3000 rpm, stock parts, stock map.

Replaced both OCVs, All Plugs, Fuel injection cleaning, seafoam vacuum system, cleaned MAF/MAP, new air filter and no Change.

Please have a look at the logs and let me know what you guys think.

Note the RPM drops every once in a while under acceleration.

It looks like the left and right banks are working differently.

romraiderlog_20140308_102919.csv

romraiderlog_20140308_104505.csv

romraiderlog_20140308_104537.csv

romraiderlog_20140328_185647.csv

romraiderlog_20140414_082806.csv

Possibly due to clogged banjo bolt filter(s)? The OCV's need oil pressure to work properly, so if the filter to one is clogged, that one won't be as responsive. Just a thought.
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

I'll have to look at the oil flow picture agin in the back of the service manual. Yea, thinking about it, that would be a good place to start.

remove the banjo bolt on the back of the passenger side head and pull the filter out of it. Change the oil and may be dump a can of motor flush in before the oil change.

Oh you have a 07. The bolt should be up top.

I have found that a good Tuner can get the stumble out of the tune. I use www.tuningalliance.com contact him and email him this thread, he's a vendor on here and pays to have his own forum, in the Vendor Forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have to do the banjo's still. Although it is an 07 it is #26 of the line which means it could be based on the 06 banjo design. I was told by Subaru that the turbo banjo is under the intake. i.e. 2 hours to dig that one out. The other side banjo is behind the timing cover. So it is on my list of todo's. I was just finishing if anyone had any other idea's. I wihs I got a CEL or a misfire or a roughness on the monitor but nothing. Just the one bank backing of because the other side is falling behind.

Thanks for the great suggestion guys. Any other idea's. Vacuum leak? etc...

Archived