LegacyGT.com

2002 LGT Price

Capt99ws6

Hello, I was wondering what a good price would be for a 2002 LGT that im looking at. Its just a regular GT, Auto, 106k. Here are its flaws, head gaskets are leaking, going to need the timing belt done, and the trans slips a tiny bit! Its not even that noticeable. The motor runs strong besides the head gaskets leaking. The car has some scratches and no rust. It also has newer tires. My question is how much is the car worth how it is now? Just looking for ball park price!

Thanks,

-Ryan

Before you purchase, check out the costs of replacing the heat gaskets on repairpal.com Looks like about $1200 according to that site. They are pretty accurate as I have check for estimated costs for my various car repairs and they are right in line. You will want to replace the head gaskets, because if they blow the engine can be damaged and then you are looking at probably $5000 or more for repair. Are you sure it is the head gaskets and not just the valve covers leaking? Valve covers are less to replace, as I just had the valve covers replaced on my 2005 GTTurbo, and it was several hunderd, not over $1000 for the head gaskets. Take the car to your trusted mechanic for a checkup before you purchase the car, and then you will know what repair costs you are facing. Good Luck.

Hello, I was wondering what a good price would be for a 2002 LGT that im looking at. Its just a regular GT, Auto, 106k. Here are its flaws, head gaskets are leaking, going to need the timing belt done, and the trans slips a tiny bit! Its not even that noticeable. The motor runs strong besides the head gaskets leaking. The car has some scratches and no rust. It also has newer tires. My question is how much is the car worth how it is now? Just looking for ball park price!

Thanks,

-Ryan

HG job is going to be $2K easy since youll need to to the timing set, waterpump and seals, youll also want to do plugs and valve covers. If you got it for $1500 and put $2500 into the engine and trans flush, oil and coolant etc thats not terrible. Esp if you are dead set on that car. Buying a cheap 05 LGT is more headache esp since it may need work and on a turbo that work wont be cheap.

You freshen up that EJ251 you're good for 100K miles and youll get better fuel mileage :lol:

Archived