LegacyGT.com

Autozone.... DMFW?

timmahh

Alright, so long story short.. clutch is going out, good ole whine from the bearing and all that, bought a clutch from a member on here (spec stg2+) months ago, looks i'll need the factory DMFW.

So for the heck of it I looked at @ Autzone yesterday, they show a remanufactured flywheel for $73.99 + core charge totalling $160. To make sure they weren't just applying a blanket flywheel for all 05 leggys I changed the car to an 05 non turbo, and a different part/flywheel/price comes up.

Has anyone bought the remanuf. flywheel from autozone? I ordered it for the hell of it, should be here tomorrow.

I'd really like to not spend $500 on the damned thing.

So for the heck of it I looked at @ Autzone yesterday, they show a remanufactured flywheel

I'd really like to not spend $500 on the damned thing.

DM flywheel should not be remanufactured. I am sure there is some way that they do it but the reason it is suggested against resurfacing a DMFW is that it is basically impossible to properly balance the two masses once resurfaced.

Maybe they have some super stupid expensive machine that measures the balance of both sides and all that and shaves them evenly but given the option I went away from DMFW and dont regret it. (LWFW I regret a little). If I were to stick with DMFW I would not want a remanufactured one I don't think - BUT I am fairly certain it is a better option than sticking with the one you have.

Anyone?

Well the issue is that I spent $400 on a spec stg2 clutch intended for the factory flywheel [or the spec aluminum flywheel]. I'm fearful of the chatter and driveability issues people talk about, and again I already have a clutch so I can't go the WRX or 07-09 route, so my option is factory dmfw.

I also need new tires.. so if I can not spend $490 on a flywheel that'll pay for the majority of my new tires.

Archived