Dual HVAC Double Din Kit: Completed Install Thread

ksnh

Car:

-2007 OBXT manual

Factory electronics:

-Standard radio, no sub

-No Nav

Parts used:

-JDM Twin HVAC Double Din adapter (JDM part #H6217AG911 from avoJDM Parts)

- SVX Dc parts (AE64.com)

(14 pin audio cable, i88 adapter)

- JDM Hazard Switch (JDM part #107-090-001 from Japanparts)

Comments: Pioneer App Radio 2, sprayed the radio bezel and shifter bezel gloss black and the trim pieces that run down the sides paint matched body color Diamond Gray Metallic.

Was shooting for piano black for the radio bezel was in spite by the McIntosh head units in the Jdm and Edm cars. Didn't quite come out that smooth and glossy but still looks good

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/chikmagnetaz/Cars/207%20OBXT/20140602_123013.jpg

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Car:

-2005 LGT Manual

Factory electronics:

-Pioneer AVH-X4600BT, no sun

-No Nav

Parts used:

- No SVXdc harness

(14 pin audio cable from best buy)

- JDM Hazard Switch (JDM part #107-090-001 from AvoJDM

Ended up taking the complete ghetto route and scared myself because my hvac panel wouldnt light up. But all ended well. Stole 3 pins and wires from my i85 connector (fit perfectly into the i88) and butchered my stock harness (the first time about 2 years ago when I tried a line out adapter, btw worst decision) the second time to tap into the illum- because my harness didnt have that pin. I just put my parking brake wire through the hole on my ebrake pin and push the connector back on, actually kind of bypassed it somehow. All I know is a dvd was playing on the screen while I was driving home today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Car:

-2008 Outback XT 5MT

Factory electronics:

-Standard radio, no sub

-No Nav

Parts used:

- JDM Legacy Hazard Switch (JDM part#83037AG001 from avoJDM Parts)

- SVX Dc parts (AE64.com)

(14 pin audio cable, i88 adapter, i85 harness)

- Kenwood DPX500BT Double DIN In-Dash Car Stereo Receiver

- Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface

Comments: Since the JDM parts are made for a RHD car the trim doesn't 100% line up, seems it's not exactly symmetrical so some fiddling is required to get it straight as possible. I had the trim pieces painted to match OEM by a local body shop for $150.

new_stereo.thumb.jpg.93880a2b1fa588c06b39d99b1a9b3b37.jpg

Edited by oldskoolbiker

Hey guys. First post. Be gentle. Haha.

I just got the double din from Japan and got everything installed.

-JDM ACC panel and hazard switch (dremeled the side. That's some quality plastic)

- I installed a Pioneer DEH-P8400BH head unit. I ran a USB cable and mounted it in the kick panel. Also ran mic for bluetooth bluetooth, which I mounted near the two little slots on the left of the radio trim piece (that's where the factory mics are mounted).

I didn't like the color mismatch (silver factory stuff and trim). Took off the two radio trim pieces, the little surround with the ashtray/cig lighter, and the shifter selector thing (I know I'm sounding retarded, but I'm not much of a car guy, but that's for another post).

Did a simple process. Here goes.

-Sanded all Smooth shiny parts that I wanted to paint

-sprayed with prep-all from advanced; followed instructions. Did it 2x

-lightly dusted with black plasti-dip. The first coat to get it to stick. (I stress light dusting) . Let it sit 15 mins.

-1st coat, keep the can moving. Short strokes, wait 15 mins

-2nd coat, wait 15 mins

-one more coat. Waited a couple hours. Just cause I fell asleep. Ha

-put everything back together.

I'm very proud. Looks awesome. Hope that helped.

Peace, Gents (& Ladies?) and Cheers!

1408287818227.thumb.jpg.48311aa99b67daa6f1a96dae89315901.jpg

Cause I'm the guy that originally posted it. Haha

Yes, I got that. I was kind of cleverly tagging along with your second post, but upon review it was not so clever. Carry on.

BTW, If you can add a daylight pic when you get a chance, the peanut gallery will be happy!

Yes, I got that. I was kind of cleverly tagging along with your second post, but upon review it was not so clever. Carry on.

BTW, If you can add a daylight pic when you get a chance, the peanut gallery will be happy!

Can't get it to upload, as it's over the 500 max jpeg size :mad:

Upload it to Google +, Photobucket or similar and link it here.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've had subs in my car for quite awhile, but just recently installed my new headunit. Decided I'll post my completed pics of my Double Din and even list the rest of my audio setup, also the list of stuff I just have to put in and soon as that is done, I'll also post pics of the rest of my audio setup.

Completed:

JDM Double Din

JDM Hazard Switch

Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS

Esky Rear View Camera

Sirius SXV200 Tuner

Shift Bezel - 3m Matte Black Vinyl Wrap

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch Series 500w rms 1000w Peak Subwoofers

Memphis MClass Mono 16-MC1000D Amplifier - 1100w rms

Tsunami 1.2 Farad Capacitor

Soon to be completed:

Infinity Kappa 6.5" Component Speakers

Infinity Kappa 6.5" 2-Way Speakers

Alpine MRX-F35 4 Channel Amplifier - 85w rms at 2ohm

T-Spec Distribution Block

Display in the trunk: you'll have to wait and see

But until the rest gets posted, here's my double din for your viewing pleasure.

906665854_doubledin.jpg.12734fe59cf416ab090a5bee64a62c73.jpg

Edited by Pathtoyorsoul

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

Ive ordered the dual din hvac unit from avojdm.

Ive emailed member 96svxdc.

Cant wait to get started on this!

I Think Ill be using a sony XAV68BT.

Does anyone know how long the parts will take to arrive from avojdm and how long 96svxdc will take to get back to me!

Im somewhat of an impatient person!!

Hello all.

Ive ordered the dual din hvac unit from avojdm.

Ive emailed member 96svxdc.

Cant wait to get started on this!

I Think Ill be using a sony XAV68BT.

Does anyone know how long the parts will take to arrive from avojdm and how long 96svxdc will take to get back to me!

Im somewhat of an impatient person!!

Doesn't take long. Quicker than I thought when coming from across the Pacific. I think I waited less than a week. Derek is awesome with keeping you updated

Got mine in and functional. Still need to clean up the USB and aux input though.

Parts used:

Pioneer avh-x4600bt

JDM double DIN swap

JDM hazard button

14 pin harness

i88 harness

i85 harness

SWC adapter

Over all I'd say this was really straight forward and easy. The wiring diagrams and descriptions from SVXdc make it really easy to get things done. I spent Monday night hooking the harnesses up and then took my time last night to install everything. I spent the most time cutting and dealing with the support braces blocking the hazard button.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/01/gusuveny.jpg

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Got mine in and functional. Still need to clean up the USB and aux input though.

Parts used:

Pioneer avh-x4600bt

JDM double DIN swap

JDM hazard button

14 pin harness

i88 harness

i85 harness

SWC adapter

Over all I'd say this was really straight forward and easy. The wiring diagrams and descriptions from SVXdc make it really easy to get things done. I spent Monday night hooking the harnesses up and then took my time last night to install everything. I spent the most time cutting and dealing with the support braces blocking the hazard button.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/01/gusuveny.jpg

Wow! Looking good!

• 1 month later...

I know this isn't supposed to be a comments/questions thread, so don't flame too hard but, how come people are using this JDM double din piece? I'm picking up an 07 Spec B on Friday and it already has an amp/subs, I'm just looking to add a double din to complete the stereo. Had one in my old 07 WRX and tundra and prefer them.

So my question is why would one use this kit, when I could order something like this? I'll be installing it myself so outside of getting the steering wheel control module, I would expect the wiring to be pretty straight forward as long as I purchased the harness(es) required.

Thanks

I like to be pretty nice before some other people get to you. Your SpecB among other limited LGT's have a dual zone HVAC system. Meaning your AC system is much more complicated than that of 2.5i's and other non limited outback vehicles. That double din kit you're looking at is for a single zone AC system. The only double din kit out there for our vehicle is the JDM kit, unless you're good with solder work and board cutting. It's nearly impossible to convert to single zone as well and I've never seen it done...hope this answers your question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk