LegacyGT.com

Low RPM stalling/rough Idle and 5 codes.

So I've been fighting with my car (05 legacy gt) trying to find out what is going on with it. I'm getting these codes http://i.imgur.com/9SvYk.png?1. If i clear the codes then it will stall if I am slowing down and let the rpms fall too fast (have to heel-toe above 1k to keep it alive). Eventually after a couple hundred miles it will learn and do it only every once in a while. I gave up trying to find the problem on my own and took it to two shops now with no clue whats up. So far I have cleaned the MAF just in case it was something simple. Anyone have any ideas what I should look at fixing/replacing?

Definitely sounds like you have an intake leak somewhere. When you clear the codes you're resetting the fuel trims as well. That's probably why it stalls again after you clear them but after a while it learns to compensate for the lean condition and doesn't stall. Could also be a bad O2 sensor but it sounds like a leak after the MAF somewhere.

Where do you live ?

05's are known to have bad o-rings at the intake manifold to TGV that leak when the temp's get in the 20F's.

You can also use a pint size paint can to plug the tube off the air filter box, pull the small hose on the BOV, and give it a quick shot of air from a air compressor, then put your thumb over the hose and listen for leaks.

It may also be a good idea to replace both old O2 sensors too. They don't last forever, and are about $90.00 each if you shop around. I got mine from the auto parts stores, call around prices are all over the place.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived