LegacyGT.com

ATTN: ALL Orange County drivers READ this

lookslikeanevo

For those of us who like to drive fast.....

California Highway Patrol will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy in

South Orange County starting January 25, 2006. The state estimates that

22 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 3 million will go

to pay California Highway Patrol officer overtime. There will be 90

California Highway Patrol officers on duty at all times patrolling the 8

freeways.

They are the following:

73, 55, 133, 241, 57, 5, 405, 605 freeways

Now 7 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every California Highway

Patrol officers is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10

minutes. They have issued 50 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and

they are bringing all their part timers on full time. If you live or work in

South Orange County you must take one of their freeways.

It's up to you how fast you are doing when they do. This is a test by the

CHP to raise the extra funds for the State of California . The wealthy folks

of South Orange County can afford this new tax. The California State

Legislators dreamed up this law to help close the budget gap or something

like that. I was told KICU-FM confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't

forget speeding tickets are on you.

You've been warned.

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

whoops...i scaned the first page, but i guess i didnt see it...so sorry

Its okay man I posted it a few days ago and everyone quickly dismissed it. I was just passing along info that I thought everyone should know about, screw 'um hope they all get tickets!

nah, some guys are just rude. most people try to be cool and all. when i first came to this site, i was afraid to post watching new guys get flamed; now i realize that some guys just flame everyone to exert their uber-internet powers.

looking at Nasioc, that Protege site, and the rx7fanclub site, I realize this place is amazing civil except for the guys whose panties are always in a bunch. if I didn't meet guys like you, Kevin and Merv at your shop I dunno if I'd still even troll this site.

btw, a heads up I meant to pass along to you other OC guys is that there has been some serious CHP activity on the 73 by UCI.

Its okay man I posted it a few days ago and everyone quickly dismissed it. I was just passing along info that I thought everyone should know about, screw 'um hope they all get tickets!

I'm sure members weren't dismissing you. It's just that in the other post, where you presented the info, some members had already seen it and researched that it was an "urban legend" and provided everyone with the Snopes' Rumor Has It Site which described how this has morphed from state to state.

And, it's okay to look out for each other. We learned that in Kindergarten right?

BTW - Didn't you know, it's bad karma to wish speeding tickets on anyone...just ask me how I know...:lol:

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Why didn't you say that it was on Snopes' Rumor Has It Site in the first place....... I never heard of that site before. I do know that the info I received was from a good source. During the week I do close to 1000 miles for work and lately I have notice quite a bit more activity in the Orange County area.

BTW I dont hope you get a ticket, just pulled over, searched, and generally harassed for an hour. just kiding man

Archived