LegacyGT.com

Stoptech 328mm vs Rotora 330mm

sutter2k

yeah, the Stoptech also fits. Its a tough choice IMO. To top it off, if you look at the calipers, they look to be THE SAME.. or at least extremely similar.

I've never experienced the Stoptech but my Rotoras have been very good to me + the pedal is as hard as a rock.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

I'd go StopTech, all things being equal. Easier to replace wear items and greater resale potention should you choose to sell.

I don't think this is true... in EITHER case. Rotora's service is spectacular. Also, this forums has shown that the Rotora setup is a quality, well engineered kit.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

:whore: I'm for the Stoptech's! but you have Rota SDR's, so the 332 should easily clear them! Besides, you would be giving up a fair amount of heat/thermal capacity going with the 328mm's. Not due to diam. but thickness. The 328's are only 28mm, the 330's are 32mm, big difference...

:whore: I'm for the Stoptech's! but you have Rota SDR's, so the 332 should easily clear them! Besides, you would be giving up a fair amount of heat/thermal capacity going with the 328mm's. Not due to diam. but thickness. The 328's are only 28mm, the 330's are 32mm, big difference...

rotora's 1-piece 330x24(isn't that less metal than stock?...not considering these).

rotora 2-piece are 330x30 vs stoptech 328x28 or 332x32

I plan to run stock rims in the winter. I don't plan on paying for someone else to swap tires before/after winter. So I do have this bias

Would you still take Stoptech 328's over Rotoras 330's?

btw: I was recently pm'd(nasioc) a quoted price of 1569.00 shipped on stoptech's (red,black, or silver).

Matt

Will the Stoptechs fit uder the stock wheels with a spacer? How big of a spacer?

good question

328's fit re: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34038&highlight=stoptech

curious what would be need to make the 332's fit???

Linky to Rotora's two piece set-up?
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/hopup1_1902_160073635

It should be a very good upgrade. However, talk to Arnold @ Street Imagine and see what he can do for you before you bite on anything yet. (username: 4boxparts)

I like the Rotora's, very nice piece, but I think the Stoptech's are better. and if you can get them for less than the Rotora's, I know what my answer would be....

+1.

I upgraded primarily - if not solely - for aesthetics, as I neither track my LGT nor typically drive anywhere near hard enough, for long enough, on public streets to need a BBK.

That's the reason why I went with the Rotora 4-pot, 1-piece set. By feel, the much larger (330mm diameter) rotors, even if they're "thinner" than the stockers (which is unfortunately something that I did not measure and thus cannot confirm), still offer nearly the same mass, so I wasn't worried about heat-sinking - again, purely for street-use.

If I raced, I'd more than likely step up to the StopTechs; or, at the very least, would have sprung for the "bigger" two-piece setup.

-----

sutter2k - Does the StopTech 332x32 fit under our stocker 17s?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Hello,

Funny how the Rotoras look just like the StopTechs, minus the patented brake bridge. I wonder how that came about... :iam:

Joel, who will never support companies that can't do their own R&D.

^ Would like this info. as well - PM if necessary, please. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Turns out, I don't believe anyone has tested the rotora's with the 330x30 rotors(just 330x24), with stock wheels. Thats 6mm more space the calipers need to open of?

I'd be a little ticked if I wound up needing spacers anyway.

Archived