LegacyGT.com

How to tell difference between GT Spec-B from standard Liberty

tomulus

Hi guys,

Just bought myself a Liberty GT Spec-B 07, though unfortunately I'm quite an amature as this is my first decent car.

I was assuming there was a GT Spec-B badge to accompany the standard Liberty badge on the back. I was then told that GTs don't have a GT badge at all. Would you guys be able to confirm this?

Also is there anything else to look for that sets this car apart from the standard Liberty, apart from the bonnet scoop??

http://liveimages.carsales.com.au/carsales/car/private/cp5530287791785242642.jpg?width=555

http://liveimages.carsales.com.au/carsales/car/private/cp4767900444059665217.jpg?width=555

wheels are a dead giveaway as well.

The hood scoops came on the regular GT's so it doesn't set the spec B apart from the others. you should have in dash navigation in there, alcantera inserts on your seats, the chrome side skirts, bilstein struts, aluminum control arms, etc.

Congrats on getting a spec B :)

Thanks guys really do appreciate it :)

I'm picking my car up in 2 days, so I only have these pictures and my memory of taking it for a spin, so I won't be able to check for all those things right now.

Though we can see the wheels, chrome side skirts and ibrmeber it having a Si Drive option just back from the gear stick. Oh and also it is a 6speed manual, I hears that's also a unique feature to the Spec-B??

I really should of done more research before buying the Spec-B haha, was completely sold on the slick looks of this beast. Can't wait to pick it up in two days time!

Thanks guys really do appreciate it :)

I'm picking my car up in 2 days, so I only have these pictures and my memory of taking it for a spin, so I won't be able to check for all those things right now.

Though we can see the wheels, chrome side skirts and ibrmeber it having a Si Drive option just back from the gear stick. Oh and also it is a 6speed manual, I hears that's also a unique feature to the Spec-B??

I really should of done more research before buying the Spec-B haha, was completely sold on the slick looks of this beast. Can't wait to pick it up in two days time!

You found a rare and very nice looking Subaru! Enjoy!

Also is there anything else to look for that sets this car apart from the standard Liberty' date=' apart from the bonnet scoop??[/quote']

it looks like a spec b to me, but it's hard for me to be certain. Take a look at the control arms, are they aluminum? If so, it's probably a B. Either way, she looks great!

Whaaat? Another right handed drive ?

They are all RHD in Australia. Note how the member called it a "Liberty", that's a dead give away it's located down under.

Archived