LegacyGT.com

Coil overs

SlegacyGT

As far as coilovers for the Legacy, we usually point people in the direction of the KW Variant 2's for all-around use. They are single-adjustable so you have the ability to run them on a softer setting for the street (which is very comfortable by the way) and then crank up the damping if you plan on hitting the track or auto-x. They also have longer rebuild intervals than many of the other coilovers out there. Overall they are a great multi-purpose coilover.

-Dan

looking for some CO's for my Outback XT. Couldn't find a 5SM GT Wagon, so I got this instead. I really like the car, but it is way underdamped and soft sprung. I have a jeep for the backcountry exploring, OB is all highway and I hate the pogo-stick bouncing of the rear. I don't mind lowering the car at all. Are there any "gotcha's" in buying Legacy CO's for the OB? Does it mess with the alignment? Can we easily adjust camber if need be?

Finally, what kind of pricing would I be looking at for CO's at all 4 corners?

To be honest, it is quite unusual for Outback owners to run coilovers so nobody makes them in an Outback-specific fitment as far as I know. I am fairly sure than the Legacy units will fit an Outback but I'm not 100%. I sent you a PM about prices, if you have any more questions feel free to fire away.

-Dan

I have the Ksport Coilovers on my OBXT. At first it was SLAMMED bcause I didn't know how to adjust them properly, but now I have them at just a little less than stock Legacy ride height. I have the preload on them a little stiff for now, as I find its difficult to adjust the sag height.

hmm...Jon had Cuscos on his OBXT (the ones I bought and sold), maybe that's what you were thinking? The one's on Charlie's car were definitely ZEAL's, as we are installing them on Steve's OBXT this week ;)

hmm...Jon had Cuscos on his OBXT (the ones I bought and sold), maybe that's what you were thinking? The one's on Charlie's car were definitely ZEAL's, as we are installing them on Steve's OBXT this week ;)

ah, there's the difference I was looking for..

Keefe

If price is considered last, would you recommend Zeal, Cusco Zero2, or the KW v2? Naturally there are other factors in selecting one coilover set over another, but my concern is more quality, longivity, reliability and support. My usage would be primarily increased road handling control and dampening, with rare track usage.

Thanks.

It sounds like the KW's would suit your needs perfectly. Their finish is highly rust-resistant and they have longer rebuild intervals than most other coilovers. The spring rates are fairly firm (400/400) but still plenty comfortable for daily use. The ability to adjust rebound makes them quite versatile as well, so they can be useful in both ordinary situations and on the track. And it doesn't hurt that they are reasonably priced as well ;)

-Dan

Archived