LegacyGT.com

Winter Tire Help!

Gunger279

Right now I have 4 snow tires and living in upstate ny so we are already buried. Although my all season are doing a pretty good job I would like to put my snows on... Anyways the thing is 2 of them are 205/55/16 and the other two are 205/60/16. They have very similar tread pattern. Wasn't sure if I should put all 4 on or not... And if I do whether I should put the bigger ones on the front or back. Thanks for any help!

-Subaru will get you through-

Never mix tire size on an AWD, it'll eff your diffs up. Our tires are supposed to be within 2/32" circumference of each other left to right and 3/32" front to back to prevent issues. I remember reading that a few years ago when I bought my previous WRX.

I also live in upstate New York and we have used many different snow tires for the winter lots of slush and ice - just got a great deal at Tire Rack on some General Artics they are the best affordable tire out there - I have had great results also from Discount Tire but they were out

I also live in upstate New York and we have used many different snow tires for the winter lots of slush and ice - just got a great deal at Tire Rack on some General Artics they are the best affordable tire out there - I have had great results also from Discount Tire but they were out

Keep us posted. I think I'll need new snows for 2015-16 winter season.

Archived