LegacyGT.com

05-06 vs 07-09 Stage 1 Accessport

Poking around on Cobb's website I took a look at the map notes for the 05-06 GT's and stage 1 93oct power is rated at 273hp and 300ft/lbs. When I look at the 07-09 map notes power is rated at a 4% hp increase and 9% torque. Since the 07-09 cars are rated at 243hp/241torque stock this increase works out to be 253hp and 263ft/lbs for stage 1 93oct.

This is a 20hp and 37ft/lbs difference between the 2 groups of GT's!? Why is there such a massive difference? I tried emailing cobb and got a vague response. I thought the GT had the same motor from 05-09. Cobb mentioned the ecu is slightly different for the newer cars but the gains for the 09 seem very small. Is the 07-09 more restrictive somewhere?

Thanks

Ots maps are going to make different power on every car, regardless of year. Those numbers that you quoted aren't worth crap.

Also, search vf46

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Ots maps are going to make different power on every car, regardless of year. Those numbers that you quoted aren't worth crap.

Also, search vf46

VF46 stock on the 07-09 cars. Thought they were considered slightly more ecficient. Wasn't sure how that effects the much different power numbers. I'm speaking out of ignorance though. I don't know of the intricacies between the two sets of cars.

Anyone have an idea of the numbers the 07-09 stage 1 can actually put out. Eventually I'll go stage 2 but the real reason for this thread is to find out what the restriction is behind the powers numbes for the 07-09 compared to the 05-06 so I can plan out my next upgrade.

Archived