LegacyGT.com

JB Andrews area peeps, lend a hand...

Johnno

Hey all!

I'm moving(PCSing) to Maryland from Okinawa in August. My LGT has been in storage for 3 years, I can wait to get behind her wheel again and see my fellow LGT owners on the road.

Anyway, what I'm looking for is info on somewhere to live... can I get some opinions of best places to live, where to avoid and such as far as a home?

I hear a commute is inevitable but, I'm not worried about that.

I only have my kids in the summer so schools also are not a issue.

and I hear to avoid Prince George area... thanks!

:iam:

I have a car

What type of communities or cities are you drawn to live around?

What type of commute are you willing to deal with, length of time on road and severity of traffic willing to deal with?

Do you enjoy the night life often?

What kind of recreational activities do you like and do you want to be close by?

My first suggestion would be to look into Waldorf, MD. It's not a bad commute at all from Andrews, about 30 minutes away. From my visits to that area it's a pretty nice area.

If you like to be near the Washington Metro area Northern VA or Montgomery County, MD isn't a bad place to live.

What type of communities or cities are you drawn to live around?

What type of commute are you willing to deal with, length of time on road and severity of traffic willing to deal with?

Do you enjoy the night life often?

What kind of recreational activities do you like and do you want to be close by?

My first suggestion would be to look into Waldorf, MD. It's not a bad commute at all from Andrews, about 30 minutes away. From my visits to that area it's a pretty nice area.

If you like to be near the Washington Metro area Northern VA or Montgomery County, MD isn't a bad place to live.

I like to live in areas where everything (food, groceries, mall) inst too far away.

as for a commute, up to a hour(traffic, not distance) is O.K.

night life is not a concern and my recreational activities are cycling and a video game now and then.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

P.S. I just got a email today, my car arrived in Baltimore :icon_bigg

I have a car

• I Donated
Silver spring is pretty nice, especially if you live in a community. Owings Mills is also nice and quaint. (Near Baltimore). But, yeah definitely stay away from PG county.

As someone who lives in Owings Mills, it's frikkin far away from Andrews AFB. I bought my LGT at a used-car dealership right next to Andrews. It's like an hour and 15 minutes in ideal conditions, more with traffic. If you live anywhere around Baltimore, live in Anne Arundel County... Glen Burnie or Elkridge or Hanover or something.

Not all of PG County is bad. Laurel is okay, from what I hear. There are some other not-terrible areas there too. The real problem is that PG County schools are awful, but you said that's not an issue for you.

I would check out the La Plata area before Waldorf. It's only about 10min further south and much nicer.

I make the commute from La Plata every day and the longest I've spent in traffic is maybe 45min either way.

Alexandria, Springfield ? I think Upper Malbro is ok. Waldorf...

Isn't Rt 301 (Crain Highway) a sucky drive during rush hour?

What am I saying.. I barely know anything about that side of MD. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I moved in some brand new apartments in Odenton. 30-40 min to get to work hasn't been so bad at all.

I'm lacking in the spotted scene though, I have only seen one Spec B and a few NA's running around... where do you all hide? :D

I have a car

I moved in some brand new apartments in Odenton. 30-40 min to get to work hasn't been so bad at all.

I'm lacking in the spotted scene though, I have only seen one Spec B and a few NA's running around... where do you all hide? :D

The ones near 175 circle

Archived