LegacyGT.com

How to: remove front bumper

pkwok4

• 2 years later...
Search blackout headlights

wrong. there is no description of removal. They just say "remove the bumper" which doesn't help. Really like the thread about the lights but the removal doesn't even touch the surface of taking the bumper off and how. There are two screws ruining my day at the moment. 733778_436229989798728_2147270559_n.jpg

You have to (as far as i can see) remove the front end of the side skirts then remove the fenders and THEN you can get to the nightmare screw and pull the dang bumper off.

CLICK ME AND SEE MORE INFO

I don't understand what's so hard about removing the bumper. Do you guys want to remove the Bumper Cover or Bumper? Because when I removed the Cover i just had to remove the two pop it clips by the wheel wells and the two screws from the grill.

Dude, there is like 4 screws and 2 pop rivets. Just go look at it and it will explain itself.

Or, search around. I searched when I needed to figure it out and guess what....I found it.

LOOK HERE

Also, I have an 08' .. you have an 05' .. and a wagon.. mine is a sedan

There was really no reason for you to be rude either, but that is how things work. My favorite part is how you're telling me I'm wrong when you're the one that doesn't know what he is doing.

So, lets try again...

The bumper is held on by a couple bolts on the top and a bunch of pop rivets. If you can't figure it out you need to either A. Give it to someone who can or B. Search more. I'm not going to find the thread for you

I'll give you a hint though, take the grill off first, then you'll see the 3 or so bolts. From there just go around the perimeter pulling pop rivets....

There was really no reason for you to be rude either, but that is how things work. My favorite part is how you're telling me I'm wrong when you're the one that doesn't know what he is doing.

So, lets try again...

The bumper is held on by a couple bolts on the top and a bunch of pop rivets. If you can't figure it out you need to either A. Give it to someone who can or B. Search more. I'm not going to find the thread for you

I'll give you a hint though, take the grill off first, then you'll see the 3 or so bolts. From there just go around the perimeter pulling pop rivets....

At no point was I rude. And again I showed you a page directly from the manual that says the grill CAN NOT come off before the bumper face.

You can definitely take the grill off first, I've done it. Just need someone with skinny arms to get the bottom screws. The grill doesn't need to come off to remove the bumper cover though, mine had pop rivets along the underside and one in each fender well, behind the black lining. Then you have to just give it a couple tugs and it comes off. No screws behind anything, etc.

Edit. 2 second search, 2nd on the list:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/remove-bumper-4th-gen-178267.html?t=178267&highlight=remove+bumper

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

You can definitely take the grill off first, I've done it. Just need someone with skinny arms to get the bottom screws. The grill doesn't need to come off to remove the bumper cover though, mine had pop rivets along the underside and one in each fender well, behind the black lining. Then you have to just give it a couple tugs and it comes off. No screws behind anything, etc.

Edit. 2 second search, 2nd on the list:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/remove-bumper-4th-gen-178267.html?t=178267&highlight=remove+bumper

Bottom screws? I'm assuming you need to reach behind the grille to get them?

Ok so again...1 pop it from each wheel well is out. All of the 8ish from underneath the bumper cover are out. Thanks to bomberlegacy I got the grille off with the 4 screws it took a min to find. The front bumper cove still. Will not. Come off

On the bottom of the car, there are platic rivets that holds the bumper in place. I believe 5 or 6 of them. But if you are just removing the headlights, you wouldn't need to pull the bumper skin all the way out. You'll also have to tug on it a bit to pull it off. I can take off the bumper in 5 mins.

Bottom screws? I'm assuming you need to reach behind the grille to get them?

No, just use an extender, you can see them.

You keep (wrongly) assuming that I/we do not know what we are talking about. When you are in fact the one asking for help :rolleyes:

As stated a post or two up, a bumper shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to get off. If you'd stop being so G-D stubborn and just listen to the advice we are giving you, you'd have it off by now.

The cover is snapped into place and will stay put even with all the pop its out.. You have to give it a pretty good tug to un snap it. Grab it on either side in the fender well and give it some good tugs.

As far as the screws below the grill, I was referring to the ones on the bottom holding the grill on, but I didn't have to remove my grill to get the bumper off. Maybe I am missing some fasteners but oh well :confused:

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

Archived