LegacyGT.com

Perrin vs Invidia Down Pipe question

gear_monkey

hey guys. I initially posted this in the tuning forum but I think it belongs here.

I have an 05 GT. Had an STI up and Perrin catless dp put on plus a dyno and street tune.

The torque/power was amazing..lets say a "10" vs stock.

The problem was I have a 5EAT but the dp was made for a manual tranny. The dp rubbed on the firewall and against the tranny pan causing ALOT of noise and vibration in the cabin.

Today I dumped the Perrin and had my tuner put a beautiful fitting new invidia dp on.

All vibration and noise is gone but so is some of my torque. Now I would rate it at "8".

I'm assuming the loss of torque is because the invidia dp has a much sharper bend coming out of the turbo vs. the Perrin and this is resulting in a lower amount of air flow?

Do you guys think a street tune would bring back some of the lost power?

I love the new smooth quiet ride but man...I want that lost torque back!!

I found the problem!!!!

I resigned myself to being crazy and just having to "get used to it".

I was bored this afternoon so I jacked the car up just to get a good view of the downpipe.

After sliding under the car I immediately noticed that two of the bottom bolts on the downpipe were missing their nuts .... Yeah yeah

Anyway, I called my tuner, complained like a crazy man, then put new nuts on...yeah yeah, torqued them down and took a test drive.

BOOOM, all the power is back! Crazy to think if you put one of these on correctly they work.

Wow, I am thrilled...and I wasn't crazy..

Archived