LegacyGT.com

Legacy performance parts

mike677

Hey everybody i have a probably stupid question to ask and i've tried to do my research but i just cant seem to find any performance parts for my 2008 subaru legacy 2.5i i mean i actually found an exhaust system from rallitek but i mean i would like to put an intercooler system and air intake with maybe a small turbo if i can ever find one .... if anybody can help point me in the right direction that would be very helpful

:redface: ....embarrassed for you

a 2.5i is not turbocharged and thus an intercooler would have no purpose ....do you know what an intercooler is?

but i'd suggest you look in the N/A section, there's been a lot of discussion there on what's available. but generally for the 2.5i, not much to do in terms of power mods but all the LGT suspension parts are the same so all the aftermarket components will fit aside from the front sway bar.

we should send this thread to logan's run asap to prevent further flogging...

:redface: ....embarrassed for you

a 2.5i is not turbocharged and thus an intercooler would have no purpose ....do you know what an intercooler is?

but i'd suggest you look in the N/A section, there's been a lot of discussion there on what's available. but generally for the 2.5i, not much to do in terms of power mods but all the LGT suspension parts are the same so all the aftermarket components will fit aside from the front sway bar.

we should send this thread to logan's run asap to prevent further flogging...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

its ok, we all have to start somewhere.

About a million people are going to say if you want power go to LGT. Otherwise do suspension mods.

calm down man. like we suggested, suspension mods are a good place to start, at least to get you quicker in the corners. otherwise there really isn't much to do in terms of "real power" mods, there are simple things like swapping air filters and throttle body spacers etc but it's not going to net you any large increases. there is a turbo kit on the way from avo but i wouldn't hold your breath for it, as it is. the most sensical thing to do would be to upgrade to a GT if you really want power mods, the 2.5i just isn't the place to start.

but the 2.5i can be a decent car, i mean you won't be winning any major track battles but it's plenty quick for commuting. and if you want the occasional auto-x session can be fun in the car.

Hey everybody i have a probably stupid question to ask and i've tried to do my research but i just cant seem to find any performance parts for my 2008 subaru legacy 2.5i i mean i actually found an exhaust system from rallitek but i mean i would like to put an intercooler system and air intake with maybe a small turbo if i can ever find one .... if anybody can help point me in the right direction that would be very helpful

I think you should do the intercooler system and intake first, and then a turbo later down the road.

:hide:

I would tell you to start reading these threads and then make your decision from there...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113912&highlight=N%2FA+TURBO

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114155&highlight=N%2FA+TURBO

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104369&highlight=N%2FA+TURBO

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60648&highlight=N%2FA+TURBO

I would also pm the guys that posted these threads... I'm sure they have some accumulated knowledge that might be useful to you.

Best of luck!

well can you at least tell me what the hell i can do with this piece of shit car before i get some real power . . . . . . like the new evo mustang or a 04 corvette z06

Why did you buy this "piece of shit" car with no power when you knew there was a more powerful option in the exact same model? :iam: If you looked at a used 2007 LGT, it would have cost about the same as a new 2008 2.5i. Just some food for thought is all. :D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

well can you at least tell me what the hell i can do with this piece of shit car before i get some real power . . . . . . like the new evo mustang or a 04 corvette z06

You answered your own question. Just take out the pos 2.5 and drop in an LS6. Toss out the useless pussy front half shafts, and the whole rear end, and use the vette transaxle instead. :)

Stop screwing around. No replacement for displacement. :cool:

If you search for 2.5i information, you will find inexpensive insurance premiums, and predominantly elderly owners.

Guest heightsgtltd
If you search for 2.5i information, you will find inexpensive insurance premiums, and predominantly elderly owners.

Umm the same would be true for the Forester you drive :lol:

Archived