LegacyGT.com

upgrade rear axle spec b

Doogie29th

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 06 Spec.b rear axles will fit 05-09 LGT, because they are the same axles & R-160 rear diff. 07-09 Spec.b rear axles are different, because Subaru switch to the R180 rear diff. But still keep the stock LGT 5X100 wheel hub.

So unless you're upgrading your rear diff to a R-180. Theirs no OEM upgrade. But a quick search, their is custom aftermarket high HP axle out there wrx & sti. I'm sure they can build you ones for your LGT.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

PM Mike, HAMMERDOWN, he may have info for you, he's good with this stuff.

Not many break the axles.

Hey, go buy a Spec B axle from the auto parts store, measure it, then return it. Frank and Leigh are good guy's. Helped us out with our civic years ago.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

PM Mike, HAMMERDOWN, he may have info for you, he's good with this stuff.

Not many break the axles.

Hey, go buy a Spec B axle from the auto parts store, measure it, then return it. Frank and Leigh are good guy's. Helped us out with our civic years ago.

Can only by 07-09 Spec B Rear axle from Subaru Dealer.

Copy/paste from other post;

FYI on 07-09 Spec.B axle owners. I talk to a friend that's part owner of a NAPA store. He called his supplier, They have the axle, but Subaru as not released them to the aftermarket. So they can't sell them to us. You have to go through Subaru. But if you own a pair, Napa can send them in to get re-manufactured. That what I was told.

This above is why you won't find any aftermarket 07-09 Spec.B Rear axle.

If you still have your broken axles, you should be able to get all the info you need from them.

Mike

didn't nsfw get custom axles from driveshaft shop for his 6mt swap?

No, drive shaft, same place who made mine.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z151/Legacy_NSFW/6MT/Shafts.jpg

The small shaft is the OEM. The other is my new shaft. It was a little cheeper then OEM, but it 3x as stong & can be 100% rebuildable for pennys on the dollar.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/Subaru/th_0915070022.jpg http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/Subaru/th_0915070017.jpg http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/Subaru/th_0915070033a.jpg

FWIW, When it comes to big WHP Rob Moore Nitro Drivelines, made the axles, spool, hubs, and spindles when we were looking for the Honda B series.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...
So dds does not make 25 spline axles. The option is to switch to wrx (24 spline) or sti (27 spline) hubs.

doesn't make? or wants to be lazy and not even try, trust me that can make whatever axle they want to.

I talked to them about legacy axles a few years ago, and I see that nothing has changed...

Whats the option for the rear hubs that will work?

this is none. we have a whole thread about people trying to get a sti 5x114.3 hub to work but no resolution yet. the 3rd/4th gen Legacy has a unique rear knuckle/trailing arm that is not shared with any other subaru platform. it would be easier to get an axle shop to make something custom than getting a cross platform hub swap

I just emailed raxles to see if they could do anything. I have another set of axles coming in so I can send one off if they need it.

If that falls through, I'll look into machining wrx hubs to work. What was Subaru thinking though? Just make them the same lol

Archived