LegacyGT.com

OEM SUB install

not that I know of. I just used the instructions that came with mine when I installed mine. the only problems I had were getting the center console off (the directions are wrong) and then routing the wires through the center console under the carpet under the drivers seat. If I remember right, you have to pull the whole center console off to get to the right holes, not just the front of it. I used a long sturdy coat hanger and some tape to push the wires under the carpeting. If I remember correctly, you also have to run the coat hanger through the opposite hole from what the instructions indicate to get the wiring through.

There is a slot. As long as you have the correct model for your year, it's as easy as plug and play. You do need to remove your ENTIRE center console and stereo, but it's not that difficult. Start by pulling straight up and back on your shifter bezel, once that pops out you can start to see screws. There are also 2 screws I think in the center console under the carpet.

I bought an oem sub from an STI, so I had to rewire the high input to my sub wiring harness, but that was done easily outside of the car.

Search for installs of stereo and you should see how to remove the console and such. Then it's just a matter of routing wires.

Good Luck

is there a write up or anything for this? just picked it up and wanna put this beast in

Here is a link from the walkthrough section:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2005-legacy-sub-installed-yesterday-pictures-2084.html

I just installed an OEM sub this weekend. I took a short cut though. I didn't pull my center console (cup-holder) just the shifter surround and the head unit of course. I fished the wire past the shifter and then pushed it along side the cup holder portion as far as my hand could reach then popped it out beside the seat (the trim isn't very tight there). Then I slid it down between the console and the chair rail and plugged it into the sub. If you look between my seat and the cupholder you can see a couple of inches of black wire but that's it. I also didn't have to pull all of the side trim off. I have an '07 with faux wood trim. These pieces pop off pretty easily and gave me access to the screws for the head unit. There were two screws that would be easier to reach with the trim removed but I didn't have any trouble getting them out or back in.

And this will probably seem dumb to most people but at first I thought I had the wrong wiring harness and/or radio because there was already something plugged into the 14pin plug. But you have to unplug that and plug your new wire into there then plug the car's 14pin plug into the adapter (or bridge?) that is part of your new wiring harness. Simple I know but it did cause me a short moment of panic.

Good luck,

Hanslo

Archived