LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Short Shift Adapter

Just ordered this today from Perrin. Thanks again to GravityGear for flagging this and I think jackal also saw this on SubiMods who jumped the gun and put this on their website before Perrin even got it up. :lol:

http://perrinperformance.com/i-20997468-short-shifter-adapter-for-2015-wrx.html

Install and info to follow as soon as I get it. Finally, a true short shifter.

I had a conversation with Chris at Perrin today and the web page is not entirely correct, there are many things wrong since this is the first day it is up. This unit goes on the transmission and it doesn't matter which shifter you pare it with, it modifies the attachment point of the cable on the opposite end as the shifter.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So good news that the website info is incorrect on it not fitting with the factory short shifter. Looking at the install pics, I wonder why the OEM lever on the transmission has those big wing looking things... be curious to see the end result

...this looks very promising and I've been in purchasing mode lately :lol: This part reminds me of the short shifters available for the 6-speed MKIV VWs. I'm also wondering it can be paired w/either STI short shifter that fits our cars.

Shouldn't be any issue, since it really won't know what shifter it's attached to. At least, that's what I'm hoping- I've got the LGT version and a $70 tire rebate in the mail and nothing (yet...) to spend it on.

Yeah, this thing goes on the trans. It's not shifter dependent. It changes the ratio in which the gear selector on the trans moves, so it takes less cable to get the gear to change. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE SHIFTERS.

Once I move and get settled, I will probably do this and a Boomba shifter, because racecar.

Yeah, this thing goes on the trans. It's not shifter dependent. It changes the ratio in which the gear selector on the trans moves, so it takes less cable to get the gear to change. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE SHIFTERS.

Once I move and get settled, I will probably do this and a Boomba shifter, because racecar.

FWIW, I have the Boomba shifter installed. You can see some of my posts/comments here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/short-shifter-2015-wrx-229704p10.html?highlight=boomba

Maybe the key takeaway with that shifter was SHORT!! It didn't change the throw distance noticeably but it sure does sit low. I'm thinking that coupled with this actuator arm from Perrin though, it might be a nice crisp setup.

For ****s sake GTEASER, when will you ever stop looking at ways to drain my bank account with all these transmission goodies.

Haha after this, I'm not sure what else Perrin could come up with to make our shifter function and feel better....

My bank acct fears more mods from them lol

I lack the cajones of you early birds. I very much am interested in you sharing your results - especially those of you who install this new toy on the STI short shifter, with Perrin shifter bushing installed. (Hmmm. This is becoming complex…)

Best - and thanks.

Byll

I lack the cajones of you early birds. I very much am interested in you sharing your results - especially those of you who install this new toy on the STI short shifter, with Perrin shifter bushing installed. (Hmmm. This is becoming complex…)

Best - and thanks.

Byll

There will be a few of us in that category Byll. So for a ~$280 STS, $55 shift stop, $25 bushing, and $115 bracket, we might finally have the shifting experience these cars so desperately deserve :eek:

There will be a few of us in that category Byll. Don't forget about the Perrin shift stop too :) So for a ~$280 STS, $55 shift stop, $25 bushing, and $115 bracket, we might finally have the shifting experience these cars so desperately deserve :eek:

Possibly add a shift knob to that too. For years I've been considering a decent knob to further improve the shifting experience. A weighted knob that sits lower than stock (like the WC Lathe Werks knobs) would probably help.

Just ordered this today from Perrin.

Install and info to follow as soon as I get it. Finally, a true short shifter.

Have you had a chance to climb under your 5th Gen and check out the OEM shift lever that the Perrin piece will replace? I was under my car today and noticed that the OEM shift lever on my '10, has a weighted lobe both fore and aft (counterbalanced?) of the trans shift shaft. :confused:

Makes me wonder about the gear change feel (of the shifter) you will get from the Perrin piece, since it doesn't have the outboard weighted lobes. :munch:

Archived